Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and we are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a project manager in the CGI global infrastructure (Tier 1; servers, network, backup, storage, etc) services project management practice, your involvement in the achievement of the projects & transitions is to contribute of the success of any project work on. Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead or participate in project meetings
• Project planning with the input and assistance of team members as well as coordinate activities
• Determine and document the client’s requirements
• Manage project budgets
• Perform risk assessments, keep issues logs and all other project management tasks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Has successfully managed the delivery of between 4 and 10 high complexity projects;
• From 500 to 3000 person days of effort
• Generating revenue between $500K and $3M,
• Duration of 6 to 12 months
• Managed 1 or more internal and or external partners and suppliers
• Teams of 6 to 15 (or more) members
• Has executed various activities to deliver projects using, the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Has planned, organized, managed and communicated the activities to ensure the project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and executives;
• Has ensured good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes;
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams;
• Has ensured time charged by members was applied to the appropriate task and has control of the project budget.
• Has completed satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtained signoff.
• Has obtained engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Has completed lessons learned.
• Experience managing internal and/or external partners and suppliers would be considered an asset.
Education and Certification
• Language: Candidate must be fluently bilingual; French and English.
• Diploma: Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters in Project Management is an asset.
• Certification: Project Management institute (PMI) is an asset.
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
• Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent
• ITIL Expert certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.