Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Knoxville and CGI: Creating jobs, growing communities
CGI is seeking an exceptional, seasoned .NET / SQL Developer who will be responsible for delivery of highly scalable services and world-class product experiences. You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience, greenfield middle-tier services, and intelligent data solutions. You will collaborate with fellow team members and other CGI client development teams to build full stack applications and services support key business functions. You will excel in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile software development environment. You will learn and incorporate our client’s IT standards, tooling, and practices while working to improve software code quality, performance, and on-time delivery.
Work Location can be anywhere in the US.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Deliver maintainable, testable and reusable production quality code in a corporate financial environment using Agile development practices
• Design and develop market leading solutions by combining technical skills with a solid understanding of business goals
• Produce scripts/scripting to integrate with team’s automated process and tooling for build/deploy
• Work directly with business units to make modifications to existing features and build new prototypes/solutions.
• Uses expertise to solve highly complex defects and issues.
• Optimize application performance and stability by identifying, investigating, and resolving problems ahead of time
• Visualizes, articulates, and conceptualizes solutions to other team members and clients
• Design and creation of relational database schemas and SQL queries preferred.
• Responsible for highly complex system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
• Consistently finds and delivers new ways to develop and improve processes and technology.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Act as a primary contact for development queries and concerns from users
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with CGI and our Client’s Core Competencies
• Ensures the (external or internal) client’s perspective is a driving force behind their decisions and actions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related engineering field required. Advanced degree preferred
• 5 years of Software Development experience required
• Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required
• High proficiency with full stack development skills including UI, web, middle-tier, and database required
Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies required
• SQL database schema design experience required
• Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies as well as with new applications of existing technologies through work experience, academics, or self-study required
• Highly proficient with full stack of development skills; including UI, web and middle tier services, and DBMS software development required.
• Strong knowledge of secure coding standards and best practices required.
• Up to date knowledge of design and development tools required.
• Experience with Git version control preferred
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required
• 2 years financial services experience, CFA charter or CFA Investment Foundations certificate, or relevant degree preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all domains and seniority levels in the organization
• Ability to communicate clearly and build trusted relationships with others
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required.
• Experience in Test Driven Development concepts, methods and tools required.
• Experience with automating standard IT functions like builds and deployments required.
• Experience with source control models and processes required.
• Experience with performance tuning is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65K-$130K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.