CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,500 members strong.
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced AWS software architect who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You enjoy challenging opportunities that make a real impact on client missions.
As the Lead Software Architect, you will apply proven expertise to enable clients to modernize to AWS cloud-native solutions at scale. Your expertise in AWS services, cloud-native development, agile, continuous deployment, automated testing, and DevSecOps will be instrumental in enabling our client to achieve their objectives. You will bring lessons learned and expertise from leading successful large-scale migrations/implementations of systems within an AWS cloud infrastructure. Applying your experience architecting, building, and deploying solutions that enable clients to improve their enterprise data architectures, you bring expertise in multiple data storage technologies including SQL and noSQL databases.
You are adept at partnering with clients, including technical teams and product teams, to advance the business mission through modern IT solutions. As our project’s Lead Software Architect and member of our contract program management team, you will be responsible for leading technical solution efforts and be ready to be jump in to help our development teams resolve complex technical challenges quickly.
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader focused on delivering client results. You bring the expertise and experience necessary to help clients implement modern systems that make the best use of available AWS services. You look forward to opportunities to roll up sleeves and help the team work through tough technical issues. You enjoy working within a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with clients and agile product team to understand technical and business requirements to make recommendations for optimum modernization paths.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources, define an appropriate solution, support the resolution and document the plan forward.
• Develop solution architectures for enhancements, systems, and technologies leveraging cloud-native services.
• Support Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) , including cost estimation, outline potential solution approaches, and vet approaches with Product Managers, CGI program managers, and other SMEs.
• Prepare and clearly articulate solution options and recommendations to clients and CGI leadership.
• Identify and evaluate systems and client needs to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology and existing investments.
• Scope technical epics. Review epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to development.
• Provide ongoing support to teams to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Define architecture and development best practices, supporting approval and implementation.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to learn the ins and outs of the services and solutions that will enable our clients to modernize their enterprises.
• Collaborate with Data Architects and Security Leads to design solutions that meet client business objectives bearing in mind objectives, costs, and risk.
• Focus on solution development throughout the product lifecycle
Provide expertise to support security/Authority to Operate (ATO) processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of experience developing systems utilizing AWS Cloud-native designs
• Direct experience architecting solutions leveraging AWS cloud-native services including S3, Elasticsearch, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, and Redshift
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or IT
• 5-7+ years of experience as a Software Architect for large scale enterprise solutions
• Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Working experience with traditional and NoSQL DBs
• Demonstrated experience as a technical lead of a large-scale modernization to an AWS cloud infrastructure • Experience with Developing Data Analytics Platforms on AWS • Experience in the following AWS technologies: Lambda, ElasticSearch, EMR, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, IAM, QuickSight, Athena, Sagemaker, Glue, Amplify, AppSync
• Experience developing and troubleshooting Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to AWS environments with Infrastructure-As-A-Service (IaaS) support
• Ability to work in an agile environment (SAFe® experience desirable)
• AWS Software Architect certification(s) highly desirable
Ability to obtain a Tier 2/Moderate Risk government security clearance
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 10
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $79K-200K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment,
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.