Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Are you a cloud expert, visionary, and leader? Do other architects come to you for advice and direction? Do you look at a high-level objective, know what needs to be done, know how to get it done, and have the drive to do so in a large corporation? Do you understand how to maneuver with agility in a global organization? If so, CGI has an exciting opportunity for you.
CGI is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our fervently entrepreneurial team, and we need the best and brightest to help us and our clients in various efforts and initiatives in and related to cloud.
As a member of our team you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers across Canada and beyond. You will use your enthusiasm, technical/business depth, and excellent presentation skills to help decision makers make the best choices, and mentor and guide other members of the team.
Who you Are:
You may come from a development or infrastructure background, but have experience with software development and development tools as well as broad experience with both on premise infrastructure and in the cloud.
You have a vision of the automated future for your clients leveraging cutting edge technology. You work well with senior executives, have a hunger for new technology that knows no bounds, learning and improving tech skills voraciously, and are constantly experimenting with new technologies and in new domains.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide expertise and leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
• Establish relationships with client contacts, as well as internal groups, and in some cases third parties, to analyze requirements and agree on outcomes.
• Translate requirements into enterprise cloud solutions and associated business cases for both internal and external clients.
• Produce and document architectures that can be efficiently implemented and supported, and own your solutions over their entire lifecycle.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout Canada by helping them achieve their business goals through technology.
• Work with partners and internal business development teams to grow CGI accounts and win new business.
• Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical issues and assist with resolution of problems.
•Adopt, implement and evangelize cloud, and modern approaches to delivery (ie, Agile and DevOps methodologies).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A degree in Computer Science or 10 years equivalent practical experience.
• A minimum of 5 years + of hands-on experience in software development or infrastructure engineering or operations, or any combination thereof.
• A minimum of 5 years + of experience as an architect (any combination of cloud architect, enterprise architect, client architect, solutions architect, or technical architect).
• Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. network, compute, storage, platforms, big data, security, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics - certifications in cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) are preferred, but will not be considered in lieu of experience.
• Experience with on premise networking, storage (SAN and NAS) and backup technologies, physical server hardware, and related monitoring solutions and techniques preferred.
• Experience in software development in one or more languages (C++, C#, Java, or similar), at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.), as well as overall software design.
• Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates, Cloud Formations, or similar.
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies such as version control tools (Subversion, Git, or similar), CI / CD tools (Azure DevOps, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, Jenkins, GitLab Runner, Bamboo, or similar), object storage / artifact management tools (AWS S3, AWS CodeArtifact, Azure Blob Store, Azure File Service, Artifactory, Nexus, or similar), and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, or similar).
• Understanding of and experience with open source server software.
• Experience in the business technology market and expertise in working closely with sales and marketing teams in cloud computing or related technical fields.
• Familiarity with standard IT governance and security practices (such as identity management, encryption, certificate and key management, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, etc.), and related standards (such as ITIL, CIS, ISO 27001, etc.)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.