The Capture Manager is a key leader within our Texas Business Unit Public Sector team, serving as “quarterback” to direct and manage strategic sales pursuits in collaboration with business development, delivery, and proposal development teams. We are looking for a team member that brings a superpower in information synthesis, a knack for understanding the prospect’s business and goals, and a passion for solving some of the toughest public sector challenges with cost-effective solutions.
The Capture Manager leads to complex, technical sales pursuits developing an in-depth understanding of the potential client’s requirements and CGI’s competitive advantages. The Senior Pursuit Strategist is responsible for the end-to-end management of technical pursuits—from opportunity qualification through proposal development and award. Key activities include conducting the competitive analysis; defining the pursuit strategy and win themes; assembling a team of experts and proposal development resources; formation of the solution (in collaboration with solution architects); drafting proposal storyboards, and participating in content review cycles.
The Capture Manager will work closely with and be supported by sector leadership; a proposal team inclusive of the proposal manager and proposal analyst/writer; and technical subject matter experts. While primarily an internal role, the Pursuit Strategist will also work collaboratively with our technology and implementation vendor partners to ensure an effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of the pursuit strategy.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead qualified strategic sales pursuits from proposal through award to grow the Texas Business Unit, Public Sector practice
• Actively drive the pursuit as part of the CGI’s proposal management process which includes executive leadership review gates and the coordination of information from various contributors
• Working closely with the proposal manager, monitor the progress of all pursuit activities for adherence to deadlines and quality standards
• Contribute and/or facilitate meetings with proposal response team
• Participate in internal CGI proposal processes and leadership review meetings as the pursuit subject matter expert
• Manage multiple proposals/priorities simultaneously
• Evaluate pursuit opportunities against CGI capabilities and strengths
• Conduct market and competitive analysis
• Understand the prospective client’s unique needs, perspectives, goals, requirements, and preferences—leveraging a variety of inputs including the solicitation materials, public information and research, and knowledge from internal team members and external vendor partners
• Working collaboratively with leadership, business development, delivery, technology, and external partner teams, establish the pursuit strategy and the supporting delivery, technical, and teaming approaches that meet the prospect’s needs and present benefits over all other alternatives
• Identify required pursuit / proposal response team and assemble a team of experts and proposal development resources to appropriately support the pursuit
• Establish proposal win themes
• Facilitate and drive proposal storyboarding and content outlining efforts to clarify content writing tasks
• Research, write, and edit standard and customized proposal content, inclusive of proposal executive summaries
• Participate in proposal review cycles to ensure content adheres to the pursuit strategy, appropriately reflects win themes, and is clear and compelling
• Following the submission of the initial proposal, lead and coordinate efforts to prepare team members for orals presentations and solution demonstrations
• Continue to support the pursuit through “best and final offer” and negotiation steps by serving as the pursuit subject matter expertise and providing guidance to the pursuit team and assisting with proposal clarifications and revisions (as needed)
• Lead and facilitate pursuit closeout activities including capturing and implementing lessons learned to ensure continuous improvement of the pursuit process
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Background in technology and/or management consulting
• Demonstrated understanding of capture management best practices
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information across a variety of sources
• Demonstrated skills in communicating technical information to non-technical and technical customers, as well as how core technologies translate into customers’ critical capabilities
• Experience managing and writing proposals
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated analytical, reasoning, and planning abilities
• Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work with executives and senior leadership
• Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
• Energy, enthusiasm and a team-focused mentality with proven abilities to work collaboratively and think strategically
• Proactive, attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
• High level of self-motivation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
• US Citizen or GC Holder
• Public Sector (state and local government) consulting experience is preferred
• Technology or management consulting experience related to modern analytics, data warehousing, cloud modernization, application development, system integration, low-code platforms (e.g., Salesforce), etc. is preferred
• Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to foster and grow the Texas Business Unit Public Sector practice
• Growth minded and focused on personal improvement in addition to delivering pursuits
• Adapts and remains positive in challenging environments
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Proposal Writing
- Microsoft Office
- Public Sector
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.