Partner with Marketing Communications and business leaders to develop event strategies, coordinate logistics, promote the CGI brand and ensure positive outcomes from our event investments
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Events Management Specialist, you will plan and execute both external and internal events for CGI’s U.S. operations. This includes events that CGI produces as well as participation in industry events to promote the CGI brand. Our team manages a wide variety of events including, industry conferences, tradeshows, speaking opportunities, hospitality events, CGI-hosted user conferences and external events, as well as internal leadership and employee events. You’ll work closely with Marketing Communications colleagues as well as leaders within the business to understand priorities and to execute event strategies that support the goals of the business.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Our Marketing Communications team is reinventing the way we tell the CGI story and the amazing things our employees do for our clients, each other and our communities every day. We are also reinventing how we work, having recently adopted agile methods and tools. We are looking for creative, energetic and open-minded professionals who will join us, bringing their unique talents, ideas and perspectives, to help make our team, our business colleagues and our company as successful as possible. The best version of us starts with you.
This role is based in Fairfax, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• End-to-end overall project management
• Budget development, management and actuals tracking (including timely processing of invoices)
• Management of all event logistics and details such as site selection, room block management, audio-visual logistics for both in-person and virtual formats, tradeshow/sponsorship management and F&B management
• Developing event strategy and the supporting event goals, objectives, and measurement tactics
• Consulting on appropriate event business content to promote
• Negotiating with event hosts and vendors on costs and securing strong branding
• Planning and executing event-related communications before, during, and after the event (including writing, editing, digital content development, and content/graphics creation)
• Developing strong relationships with event organizers, third-party associations, suppliers, vendors, and venues
• Traveling, as needed, to set up and manage on-site presence
• Measuring and evaluating event success and lessons learned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is motivated to roll up their sleeves and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years experience in events management for a broad portfolio of concurrent events of varying size and scale, preferably in an IT or professional services company
• Bachelor’s degree
• Fluency in brand application, verbal and written communications, editing, and proofing
• Fluency in complex project management, budget management and vendor negotiations
• Fanatical attention to detail and the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and deliverables across many teams
• A self-starter who kick-starts projects independently and enjoys connecting the dots between a wide variety of stakeholders
• Creative thinker with a “can-do” approach
• Resourcefulness to build strong networks, facilitate collaboration and problem solve
• Ability to operate in a complex environment and adapt approach to shifting business needs
• Ability to exercise effective judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
• A sincere desire for constructive feedback, with resilience and the ability to respond accordingly
• Strong Microsoft Office experience including Word, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Cvent, Constant Contact, HubSpot, Workfront and digital event platforms a plus
• CMP distinction a plus
Additional requirements of the role:
• Ability to travel to event site, as needed.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends in line with events.
• Ability to physically set up exhibit booths, which include lifting and transporting boxes and other assets up to 15 pounds.
• Physical presence for event planning in geographies across the U.S., many with varying COVID-19 vaccination requirements, is an essential function of this role. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated unless excused as part of a validated and approved accommodation in compliance with applicable laws.
Minimum Education Required: 4-year college degree
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Vendor Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.