Eligible for security clearance reliability/secret
Remote: Yes until COVID restrictions are lifted
Location: Ottawa, downtown
CGI is a leader in information technology and digital transformation across Canada and the globe. We bring innovation to life, transforming the government and public sector industry though Strategic Consulting, System Integration, Custom IT Projects, Analytics & Decision Support, Internet of Things and Specialty IP Solutions.
With digital transformation in the Canadian Government market imminent, CGI is investing in [a number of] Directors of Consulting Services to align closely with key decision makers in the Federal Departments, Agencies and Crown. This role will open doors, sell and lead delivery of information management & technology partnerships.
Travel & Office Location
• Occasional travel may be required to the US and across Canada for various CGI and industry association activities. A valid passport and driver’s license will be required
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Overall – this is a strategic leadership role in CGI with responsibility for the public sector in Canada and specialty industries that the government oversees.
You will be accountable for business development, financial management, project & client delivery satisfaction and people leadership in order for your business to achieve expected performance outcomes
• Business Development – applying sound sales processes and strategic use of CRM, you will knock on and open doors with key decision makers, create, uncover and qualify opportunities and ultimately drive them to close
• Financial Management – you will manage the P&L of our existing book of business, ensure financial viability is modeled and maintained in future engagements
• Project & Client Delivery Satisfaction – you will lead the delivery of client IT engagements, ensuring the quality of services delivered meet and exceed expectations, utilizing relevant partnership frameworks, project management and service delivery tools
• People Leadership – you will lead motivated team members who deliver outstanding client partnerships. You will attract, recruit, retain and support the career development of team members through coaching, support, trust, transparency and commitment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You bring at least 10 years of diverse business and technical experience in public sector IT with at least 5 of those years at a management level – preferably Federal. You think differently, have a strong understanding of the current political landscape, priorities, and shift in the market. You consistently leverage your network to understand political and operational priorities, strategize, find and create opportunities that do or don’t exist today that solve your clients’ critical business problems. You are seen as a trusted partner and advisor. You may speak at industry association events, publish or author reports or content or sit on various boards. You understand the importance of the technical, commercial and personal sides of a business partnership.
• Business Development – you come with an extensive network and strong relationships with key decision makers in the Public Sector, and locally with municipalities and crown agencies. You have a verifiable track record of closing net new consulting initiatives and managed services business. You have also followed a strict and disciplined sales process in achieving your results
• Financial Management – you have successfully managed a P&L > $10M / year, have experience building budgets and investment plans. You may have been engaged in M&A activity as well
• Project & Client Delivery – you have managed engagements that involved delivery of client IT solutions (such as IP implementations, AMS, infrastructure & cloud, cyber security), ensuring the quality of services delivered have met timelines, quality, risk and budget expectations
• People Leadership – you have led a team of skilled IT professionals, successfully developed and coached people to grow in their careers (personally and professionally). You have also demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus and driving multiple projects to completion within cross-functional areas of your company and including external partners
•Expertise in Financial Services
•Experience with Regulation and Policy related to Financial Services
•Federal/municipal solution sales experience
•Builds trust and credibility
•Influence and persuasion
•Track record of successful negotiation & delivery
•Innovation and Creativity
•Bilingualism considered an asset
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.