CGI is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Sr. Engineer to support healthcare projects in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette, LA.
- We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
- Our people make all the difference in our success.
- The Corporate System organization is looking for a mid-career full stack developer, preferably with enterprise cloud experience, to meet a need within our Corporate Finance department.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Other technologies used include Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Open Shift, Docker, AWS, Kafka, NIFI, Jenkins, Hibernate, Oracle and PostgreSQL Database.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs.
• Work on a development team using agile methodologies
• Continuous focus on code quality including code reviews
• E2E test automation
• E2E PVS automation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong background with a minimum of 8 years of experience in object oriented software development knowledge of modern, cloud-hosted, single page applications.
• Experience working in java frameworks such as Spring Boot, RESTful API services.
• Relational Database - Experience using Oracle and PostgreSQL which involves writing and understanding complex queries.
• Good understanding and ability to work on single page user interface frameworks, preferably React.
• Experience using tools like Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Open Shift, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, NIFI, Docker.
• Exposure to AWS Cloud technologies is highly desired.
• Experience using Jenkins to automate build, test, and deployments.
• Candidates must be team oriented and relational, as the existing team values collocation and collaboration to enable high output and good business value.
• Preferred experience using Kafka to build event-driven architecture between applications.
• Test Automation experience with Selenium/Cucumber
• Agile development experience
- Connected with industry best practices
- Health Insurance Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Presentation Skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Automated Testing
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Spring Boot
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.