Founded in 1976, CGI has evolved into one of the largest independent IT and business process services firms in the world, with over 71,000 professionals in 100+ offices globally! We provide end-to-end IT, Business Process and Management Consulting services worldwide from our major centers in Canada, the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our team providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Full Stack Developer with at least 5 years' experience in large enterprise environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Full-Stack Developer, you'll have a combination of maintenance and development experience, and be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will also work with and learn from our experienced and hardworking developers and architects. You'll have numerous opportunities to leverage your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements:
- Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
- Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
- Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3 - 5 years of progressive experience as a Developer and extensive experience in application development and maintenance
- API and backend services development using .NET Core, Java, and/or Node.js
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer, and/or MySQL
- Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
- Application deployment automation using (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps)
- Git and GitHub
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working with cloud services (e.g. developing for Azure or AWS PaaS environments)
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and OIDC authorization protocols
- Experience writing automated end to end UI tests with tools such as Selenium or TestCafé;
- Experience with reporting tools (MS Reports / Cognos / Crystal Reports)
- Experience setting up and configuring supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, webservers, certificates, etc.
- Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery.
- Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.