Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Technical Writer, in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of managed services from IT and business process outsourcing to systems integration and consulting that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them succeed.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in creating clear, concise documentation for a variety of audiences, both business and technical, in the support of an IT Services operation in the Financial Services industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Documentation Specialist you will be responsible for creating a variety of documents within our Client Operations group. This will include:
• Operations process diagrams and workflow documents, to establish the runbook for our Operations group, and to help facilitate the replication of our team within another delivery centre
• Documentation of business and technical procedures related to the successful operation and troubleshooting of our application suite.
• Develop documentation designed to help with new employee training, integration with other departments, and the onboarding of new Clients to our service
• Create a user manual of an undocumented financial services application, to facilitate the training and ongoing support of this new application by our Client Operations team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
• 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
• Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
• Experience creating visuals and diagrams for technical support content
• Must be able to work independently
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
• Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
• Experience using XML or Wiki tools to create documentation
- Technical Writing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.