Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Project Manager to work for our clients across in our Global Wealth and Capital Markets Product Team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Sr. Project Manager, Global Wealth and Capital Markets. Your involvement in the achievement of the projects and transitions is to contribute to:
• Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected programs/sub-program and/or projects through a program master plan
• Identify all the internal and external resources, whether human or technical, required to complete the program successfully
• Decide on suitable strategies and objectives for achieving the program goals
• Coordinate cross-project activities
• Provide coaching and guidance to the program's staff
• Lead and evaluate project managers and other program staff
• Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities related to the program
• Apply change, risk and resource management at the program level
• Assume responsibility for the program's people and vendors
• Assess program financial performance and aim to maximize ROI (must have a deep and full understanding of financial management practices and ratios)
• Resolve projects' higher scope issues
• Prepare reports for program executives
• Ability to understand and negotiate contracts regarding the program
• Ability to track the overall benefits of the program regarding benefit realization (did it accomplish the goal).
• Ability to have a broad view of program objectives and organizational culture and processes
• Ability to manage all stakeholders including stakeholder identification and targeted strategies for stakeholder management
• Delivering expected project margin/profitability
• Documenting and assessing impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Ensure time charged by members applied to the appropriate task and control the project budget
• Complete satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtain signoff
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all stakeholders; individual members, teams and the client, as well as vendors/suppliers
• Maintain the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues.
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned.
• Define functional structure of the project; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling the required resources.
• Maintaining the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues.
• Ensuring your projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 10 to 15 years of relevant project management experience in a large scale corporate context. (previous consulting / product experience is preferred)
• Has successfully managed the delivery of at least 4 projects of medium to high complexity.
• Managed program / project budgets between $3M to $20M for a duration of 12 to 18 months.
• Managed 4+ internal and external partners and suppliers.
• Worked with Teams of 20 to 50 (or more) members.
• Has executed various activities to deliver projects using, the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests.
• Has planned, organized, managed and communicated the activities to ensure the project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and executives.
• Has ensured good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the quality processes.
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams.
• Has solid experience in various project management methodologies which includes but not limited to completing satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtained signoff, lessons learned sessions.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new process, applications and systems
• A hands on leader (able to analyze, able to dig deep)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
• Can Extract matrix/progress/milestones from JIRA or other collaboration tools for stake holder
• Working experience in Microsoft Project Plan (MPP), Excel, and Powerpoint
• Exposure to Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe
• Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs,
• Sound business case development and approvals skills
• Stakeholder management and change management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Project Management practice experience
• Program Management practice experience
• Relevant industry experience as required
• Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the program
• Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
• Be an effective listener
• Be an effective communicator
• Be an effective negotiator
• Expert understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
• Expert knowledge of program and project management methods
• Expert knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
• PMP Certification is a nice to have
• Agile Certifications is nice to have
• 10% Travel within GTA to Client Locations
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.