Director Consulting Expert – Telecom OSS/BSS
CGI is recruiting for a Director Consulting Expert (DCE) in Telecom OSS/BSS domain for the Mediation Solution.
CGI is looking for a top talent in the OSS/BSS mediation space. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of OSS and BSS systems, as well as experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud. A Director Consulting Expert (DCE) should able to effectively lead sizeable, and complex projects. This role is a client-facing, and billable role with responsibility for generating revenue growth.
• Manage the solution design throughout the project life-cycle through to deployment, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved throughout the process
• Provide technical leadership on projects, managing application designers to ensure the coherency of end-to-end designs
• Collect, Analyse and Review the Business Requirements Specifications and use cases for customer requirements.
• Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems
• Design end-to-end IT solutions for projects, integrating multiple systems (bespoke and COTS) and ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods
• Ensure that compliance to design is tracked through the project life-cycle through to deployment
• Provide technical leadership, governance and architecture guidance and for IT's strategic technical direction in line with the company's overall business strategy
• Actively participate in implementation of new usage reconciles.
• Ability to analyse and recommend required system performance tuning.
• Understanding requirements and perform the following, :
o QA Requirement Analysis
o Project Estimation
o Impact Assessment
o Test case design
o Test execution
o Status reporting
Ideally, you should possess this experience:
• University degree - engineering or IT/telecoms preferred.
• 10 years of experience in any of OSS/BSS system such as Oracle, Amdocs, CSG, Ericsson (EMM), Nokia/Comptel mediation Or any other mediation system.
• 2-4 years of experience in cloud based transformation program
• Thorough knowledge of OSS/BSS solutions and telecom business processes is a must
• Architect large systems – providing guiding principles to deployment teams in right-sizing of servers for hardware, databases and applications – providing inputs to internal teams and COTS vendors in a system-integration environment. This includes cloud and bare-metal hosting.
• Relevant experience in Mediation systems within the mobile telecommunications industry.
• Hands on experience of performing a solution design or enterprise architect's role in a Mobile Telecom organisation
• Ability to technically lead complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis, Architecture, Design, Build, Test & Production).
• Strong understanding of different Java standards and enterprise framework.
• Experience in pre-sales and solution designs.
• Have experience in RHEL/Unix, Java, Spring, DevOps tools, SQL , Oracle.
• Knowledge and good understanding of micro-services architecture and DevOps principles is required
• Well equipped with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical / problem solving ability
• Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.