The Product Manager will work closely with Architects and other stakeholders to; define solutions, write detailed epics and acceptance criteria that define solutions to be built, support the agile team through development and testing, demo the digital application to internal stakeholders, serve as a liaison back to the members to communicate roadmap plans, scope and design details, and development progress.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a product manager or product owner in an agile model with a passion for software design and realizing members objectives by delivering business value. Candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of agile and collaboration and KM platforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full-time member of the internal Digitization team, the Product Manager (PM) works with members and other stakeholders to translate requirements into application solutions. The PM is a self-directed contributor who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, understand the application and the member’s business processes. The PM’s primary responsibility is to work with an assigned architect and other stakeholders to translate members business requirements into tangible system designs, articulated as epics and features with detailed acceptance criteria. The PM is responsible for crafting product solutions, drafting and accepting epics and features, attending bi-weekly sprint demos and guiding work to completion following agile principles. For work that spreads across multiple teams, the PM will work with their peers to ensure priorities and design elements are aligned and coordinated to drive features to completion. The PM role requires an individual with strong collaborative skills with a system thinking mentality who can work with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure their team is executing the highest priority, value added work.
The PM should:
• Work with members to understand requirements, communicate product roadmaps, and manage scope
• Work with architects and other stakeholders to define system solutions to meet member requirements
• Author epics, features and acceptance criteria
• Participate in PI planning
• Guide agile teams implementing new features
• Own epic and feature prioritization for assigned features
• Collaborate with the team to continuously improve and define its mission
• Play a key role in driving and developing sprint and PI demos
• Sign off on epic completion
• Review user release documentation
• Lead members demos
• Be a key contributor in the team retrospective helping drive improvements across the team
• Manage communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from Product Managers, Project Managers, developers, designers, QA engineers, architects, and requirements analysts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years working and implementing with collaboration and km platforms
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a product manager or product owner in an Agile environment
• Problem solver along with ability to multi task
• Prior consulting experience in any of the following areas:
o Business process improvement,
o Collaboration and Km platforms,
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills
• Experience in requirements gathering
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/epics and features
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (epics/user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Effective communication skills in English (written and spoken) (French written and spoken considered an asset); able to adapt messaging to diverse audiences taking into account cultural and geographical perspectives
• Strong presentation and leadership skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Experience working with a remote teams
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.