CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Splunk Engineer to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
As a Sr. Splunk Engineer, the candidate will create and manage Splunk knowledge objects, implement KV stores, lookups, and data model acceleration to optimize search performance and reporting. He and she will onboard new data sources into Splunk and perform various task pertaining to log tracking utilizing the Splunk platform.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Interact with end users to gather requirements.
• Onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyzed the data for anomalies and trends, and built dashboards highlighting key trends.
• Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods.
• Create and manage Splunk knowledge objects (field extractions, macros, event types, etc.).
• Implement KV stores, lookups, and data model acceleration to optimize search performance and reporting.
• Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk.
• Effectively and accurately document work in various formats including work instructions, change management requests, incident tickets, and email.
• Improve efficiency through process improvement and automation.
• The individual must have hands-on technical knowledge of some of the following: SIEM, networking, Linux administration, scripting, and automation.
• The individual must be able to communicate effectively with a minimum of supervision in verbally and in writing. Must be able to use Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, Confluence effectively
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 3 years of experience with Splunk onboarding, search and reporting
• Two (2) years of experience in scripting and automation.
• Expertise with Linux and command-line interface.
• Intermediate level understanding of Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems and Oracle/MSSQL databases.
• Experience deploying apps within Splunk and administrating the Splunk platform.
• Experience with data normalization and data modeling within the Splunk environment.
• Experience in creating and managing Splunk DB connects Identities, Database connections, Database inputs, outputs, lookups, access controls
• Experience with the development of documentation, architecture diagrams, and process and procedures for end users.
• Experience with Regular Expressions (regex).
• Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands.
• Understanding of system log files and other structured and non-structured data.
• Understand methods of collection, logging, windows filtering, and tuning / baselining data.
• Previously coding is a plus
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Finance or related field
Current Splunk Power User certification required!!
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.