**Valid work permit or PR required *
Location – Canada
We are looking for a Hybris Architect who wants to be on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI’s future business while keeping up the standard of being technology leaders in the industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work directly with customers, end users and development partners to define and assess application and technical requirements
• Understand the current state of technology to define opportunities that create business value
• Work with other architects to define the application and technical architecture structure to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as required by the customer.
• Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments.
• Lead the Hybris team in technical design and implementation and ensure the end result fulfils the customer’s requirements.
• Lead daily scrums and participate in task planned to support team leads
• Participate in the development of the web applications and Java/SAP Hybris components based on best practices established by the team
• Produce the necessary technical documentation
• Conduct code and design reviews
• Conduct unit testing on the developed components and conduct other tests in accordance with the methods and procedures established by the team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years in Hybris/e-Commerce architecture, systems integration and development, package.
implementation, relational databases, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design;
• 2-3 years of project experience in architecting of Hybris applications;
• Successful track record of designing and supporting high-transaction / high-availability e-commerce systems on Hybris platform.
• Proficient in Spring Technology.
• Experience in Java, Object Oriented programming and Multi-Threaded programming
• Hands-on customer facing management and technical delivery experience.
• Experience in full lifecycle software development processes and methods.
• Experience with mainstream e-Commerce platforms such as Hybris.
• Web services (REST/SOAP) use and development;
• Testing tools such as JUnit and TestNG;
• Well-known design patterns;
• Apache Solr search (strong asset);
• Development tools such as Eclipse, Rational Team Concert (RTC), Sonar, PMD Rules, Checkstyle, Gradle, Maven, ANT, JIRA (asset);
• Scrum/Agile methodology (asset)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.