Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Developing and maintaining resilient microservices applications including analysis, design, development and implementation.
• Knowledgeable in API & Microservices technologies and containers (Spring Boot, Istio, Envoy, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with database design and development using relational databases, preferably Oracle
• Maintain Entity relationship Diagrams, design DB objects for the best performance and Data Lifecycle Management
• Participating in system and application architecture.
• Creating system design and application maintenance documents.
• Developing tools and utilities as needed.
• Working with software testing teams and assisting them in maintaining robust test scripts and test environments.
• Supporting the operations group in application problem analysis and resolution.
• Participating in rotating on-call support when required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• You have a University Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You have experience developing Java applications using different frameworks (Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate).
• You have experience in building and maintain DDL, SQL scripts, understands database administration.
• You have experience designing, writing, securing and consuming REST APIs.
• You have minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
• You have 5+ years software development experience; preferably with experience in developing payment system.
• You have experience developing high-throughput, low latency systems.
• You have experience implementing high-performance, service-oriented architectures.
• You are experienced in Core Java Development (Java 1.7/1.8, Java frameworks, along with other technologies listed below).
• You are experienced in Core Java Object Oriented programming with Multithreading experience and understanding of basic Enterprise Integration Patterns and Design Patterns.
• You have experience with database structures and implementation using hibernate and Oracle, DB2, Postgress and NO-SQL DB is a plus.
• You have an ability to assist with the design and implementation of enterprise level frameworks, broad based functional and technical software solutions.
• You have a solid understanding of different types of open-source packages, preferably anything Spring, Apache (Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Camel, Http Commons) and data transformation (jaxb2, json, xml).
• You have experience with event /messaging technologies.
• You have experience in creating and understanding UML diagrams/structure outlines.
• You have experience with Design Patterns (Abstract Factory, Decorator, Facade, Adapter, Object Pool, Lazy Initialization, Factory Method, Proxy, Chain of Responsibility, Iterator, Observer, etc.).
• You have experience in using concurrency models.
• You have strong communication skills - verbal and written (technical documentation).
• You have participated in the overall delivery of software components as part of an agile development process.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.