Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for Dev Ops Engineers who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level, senior, lead and consultant engineers, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Due to the secure nature of the programme, you will need to hold the highest level of UK Security Clearance, or be eligible to go through this clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure development outputs are suitably integrated into release modules
• Take the lead in progressing these through the relevant stages into live service.
• The support of the release-to-service process including security and accreditation processes.
• Providing Technical advice and expertise on designs, solutions, tools, techniques and standards
• Hands on development of real world solutions
• Troubleshooting, investigations and incident resolution.
• You will have the opportunity to get involved in Big Data technologies including Apache Spark and Accumulo.
• Working closely with third parties and the client supporting and enhancing the Platform service offering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Linux / Unix Administration
• Automation / Configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
• Deployment tools, including Docker, Kubernetes
• Security test automation (e.g, GauntIt, Checkmarx)
• Knowledge and experience of working with systems in the AS Domain
• A wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services ( AWS is required )
• SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
• Understanding of scripting (Java, Python, R, Hadoop, Perl and/or Ruby)
• Defence system acquisition experience
• Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
• Experience of working in a Service Delivery Environment
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations. The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.