Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world. We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to work in high stress environment with production incidents and projects running in parallel
• Debugging and troubleshooting code related issues/defects
• Representing the team, proficiently and professionally, in team meetings (both internal and external)
• Analyze requirements and prepare design proposals
• Create High-level Design Document
• Conduct walk through of the HL Design
• Perform Low-level/detailed design documents review
• Perform development and end-to-end testing in lower environments
• Perform code review
• Work closely with onshore and offshore teams and coach them as required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Need someone with 10+ years of Java development experience
• Java, J2EE, JSP, Java Script
• Java Web Services (SOAP and REST)
• Web Technologies (XML, XSL, XSLT, SAX, DOM, CSS, Java Script, (D)HTML, HTML5, AJAX,
• Application/Web Servers (IBM WebSphere & Apache Tomcat or similar web containers)
• Frameworks ( Struts or JSF or Spring)
• DB / DB Access (Oracle/MySQL /MS SQL Server/DB2 )
• SQL and PL/SQL ( Stored Procedures, SQL Functions, Triggers, Views)
• Source Control & Build Tools (Bit bucket/ Git/ CVS/ SVN ; Apache ANT/Apache MAVEN/Jenkins)
• IDE (Eclipse, STS, Rational Application Developer, JBuilder, Net Beans)
• Operating Systems (Windows/Unix/Linux/AS400)
• Methodologies (UML, OOAD, Design Patterns, SOA, Waterfall model, Agile, Scrum, Dependency Injection)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.