Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer to provide leadership in the end-to-end design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. In this role, the Lead will be responsible for meeting development schedules and delivering high quality solutions that meet technical specifications and design requirements contribute to and/or lead the specification and software design phases of the software development life cycle. May manage the design and implementation of new software development and improvement efforts and software testing with other technologists.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
• Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and encouraging data-driven decision making across the organization.
• Implements processes and systems to supervise data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
• Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
• Performs data analysis required to fix data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
• Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
• Defines company data assets (data models), spark, spark SQL, and hive SQL jobs to populate data models.
• Crafts data integrations and data quality framework.
• Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
• Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 6+ years of Python or Java development experience
• 6+ Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Apache Kudu
• 6+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
• 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
• 4+ years of experience working agile teams without solid requirements
• Ability in leading and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
• Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
• Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Process oriented with phenomenal documentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
This role must be located in either Charlotte, NC or Boston, MA.
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Hadoop Hive
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehousing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.