Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with Global Project Managers or Program Managers to plan, organize and lead local team
• Ability to independently apply most Professional, Leadership and CGI Specific competencies
• Ensure that there is adequate staffing on the project and that all staff are competent in procedures applicable to their roles
• Maintain overall control of the schedule and the delivery of all expected deliverables
• Prepare the management deliverables (e.g. project plan, work plan, management reviews, request for changes, outstanding issues and risks) and seek approval when necessary
• Notify the Engagement Manager, Program Manager, or Project Director of any issues and submit recommendations to resolve these issues
• Take action on issues of non-compliance in quality and ensure all project products are in accordance with quality standards
• Maintain ongoing contact with the client project manager and ensure ongoing close work relationship
• Communicate plans, responsibilities and status to project stakeholders
• Manage and communicate all outstanding issues, risks and decisions and change requests.
• Perform or guide the role of configuration manager, ensuring that the procedures identified for configuration management are followed and that the Change Control Board (CCB) performs as specified
• Perform or guide the role of requirements manager, ensuring that the procedures identified for requirements management are followed
• Adhere to all requirements of the CGI Management Foundation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Objectives & Targets
• Successfully deliver projects/programs which meet the following CGI LI Level 3 criteria:
• Project effort of 3,000-10,000 person days
• Project revenues $3M-$10M
• Project duration of 12-18 months
• Team size of 10-30 team members
• Medium to high risk level
• Involves > 2 CGI Business Units
• Interdependencies with 1-2 other projects
• Fixed-price contract type
• Involves ≥ 2 geographical locations
• Involves 1-2 partners/suppliers
• Medium to high level of innovation
• Medium to high complexity of relationship with client stakeholders
Service Delivery (Consulting and Project Management)
• Meet % utilization target
• Achieve EE on project reviews
• Achieve a CSAP score for the project at or above CGI target (currently 9.0)
• Deliver projects on-time and on-budget
• Complete project reviews on time
• Alliance management – effective management of partner engagement with CGI
Strategy and Business Management
• Manage vacation bank and plan to XX hours at year end
• Achieve 100% time reporting compliance
• Achieve target utilization where appropriate
• Manage personal attendance
• Achieve BU target gross margins or better on projects
• Lead bids/proposals as required for client new business development
• Achieve the % contribution target
• Ensure members are in compliance with document management and tracking processes
• Quality Systems
• Corporate Governance
• Solutions & Business/Information Technology Methodologies
• Key Professional Behaviors
• Code of Ethics & Business conduct
• CGI Tools/Techniques
• Negation skills
• Conflict management
• Cisco CCNA training (full course)
• Project Management Tool
• Project Management Knowledge center training via Skillport
• PMP certification training
• Agile Scrum certification training
• ITIL Foundation certification training
• CAPM certification training
• Prince 2
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.