CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 77 500 professionals in 40 countries, of which nearly 190 in Estonia in 2 cities – Tallinn and Tartu. We create software systems and products in a number of areas - public sector, geospatial and remote sensing, space, telecommunications, energy and utilities, medical and healthcare, banking and insurance, etc.
Our teams are behind such solution like GIS 112 information system used for processing emergency notifications, eCall, which automatically dials single emergency number in the car accidents, European global satellite-based navigation system Galileo, new design for Estonian State Information Portal and many-many more.
Do you want to be a part of a team, which helps societies to advance towards a more innovative, secure and sustainable future? Do you want to be more than just an employee is? We are members and shareholders of a company who go beyond the ordinary to build a better tomorrow.
We are looking for a sharp-minded and motivated software developer to join our Space & Earth Observation team in CGI Estonia, to work on an international project developing model-based engineering tools for space mission engineers. The project offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to innovation in the space sector and to get your hands on a variety of software technologies.
Your future responsibilities:
• Investigating existing solutions and technologies, building prototypes
• Developing features according to users’ needs and specifications
• Testing and documenting your work
• Working in an international Scrum team for a well-known and respected client
• Learning about space missions’ ground segment system engineering and model-based engineering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Excellent team-working and problem-solving skills
• Pro-active, “can-do” attitude
• Ability and willingness to read and understand large documents
• Familiarity with Linux command line
• Experience with modelling tools and UML is a plus
• Experience with containerized solutions is a plus
• Experience working in an international, multi-location Scrum team is a plus
• Experience with some of the following tools and technologies is beneficial: Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Spring framework, Spring boot, Angular, Bootstrap, Keycloak, JPA, Hibernate, OAuth2, JWT, Elasticsearch, Istio, Prometheus, Helm, Jira, Confluence, Git, EMF, Enterprise Architect, Capella
• Opportunity to become an owner (partner) of CGI
• Working with a wide range of technologies, including modern frameworks and tools
• Opportunity to evaluate technological options and to participate in the design of a product
• A strong team of space and software development enthusiasts around you
• A career in an international company
• Competitive wage package
• Support for professional development and growth, both in your field of expertise and in the CGI Group
• Good work-life balance: our family- and health-friendly work environment, comfortable office, cheerful colleagues, great joint events, flexible working hours, etc. help take care of your body and mind
• Opportunity to get involved in charitable activities
We will offer you a membership beyond the ordinary:
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our members. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As a member of CGI you has the opportunity to be an owner and to work in an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. With us, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to take care of yourself and the communities around you. You will have the opportunity to work with major local and global clients from different industries in challenging projects that have a true impact on our future. With us at CGI you can develop your career as an expert or if you like or take new steps towards managerial position. It’s up to you to get our full support to get you where you want to be.
This is what we call a membership beyond the ordinary.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! Apply for the position by clicking on the “I´m interested” button at the top or bottom of the page.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.