Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
You will be a part of a technical team supporting different domains and collaborate with multi clients/verticals. There is many opportunities for learning and for your career development!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work on products as a subject expert in support of the Windows Server ecosystem, including Windows 2012R2 & 2016, including operational support via Group Policy, System Centre Configuration Manager & System Centre Operations Manager.
• Microsoft Active Directory expertise is an asset.
• Participate in all phases of the development methodology cycle to implement the required information technology solutions to meet business requirements.
• Participate in the planning, design and implementation of relevant architecture, hardware, software and customized software changes.
• Provide support for systems within area of expertise; monitor performance of systems and service agreements to ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards, service levels and IT policies are met.
• Analyze system needs; perform process re-engineering, operation management and research.
• Analyze diagnostic information about uncommon cross-functional problems or issues, and provide recommendations for resolution to more senior colleagues or management; work autonomously to resolve complex problems in a multi-functional setting, assessing and communicating issues of technological impact on the functional/corporate level
• Perform inventory and audit of Windows server configurations and topologies.
• Provide IT advice to management and colleagues on the appropriate direction, evolution and usage of technology (architectures, systems, issues, opportunities, policies and standards) related to their field of expertise.
• Develop and document IT standards and guidelines for technology support and administration.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relations with internal and external counterparts (partners, clients and suppliers) to support operational objectives.
•Responsible for any problems or issues which arise during the day-to-day operations of the server systems and LAN infrastructure which must be immediately.
• Responsible for implementing new servers and LAN elements (includes monitoring).
• Responsible for ensuring that backup and restore operations are performed according to current backup standards.
• Coordinate the daily workload.
• Investigate tickets escalations.
• Prepare, review, submit monthly report.
• Review client support processes.
• Review current workload and take action to improve deficiencies.
• One on one meeting with technicians to review performance or issues.
• Ensure tools are provided to the team member so efficient support is provided.
• Monitoring issues and taking action to resolve or escalating to proper group.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Education: university degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 8 years+ of server administration experience, with four or more years supporting critical high availability and disaster recovery server environments.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012/2016 Server infrastructure components (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print).
• Patch management experience using Microsoft SCCM 2012 and WSUS.
• Working knowledge of Windows tiered application support (IIS, ASP, SQL), public key infrastructure (PKI) and scripting language (PowerShell, VBScript).
• Experience in performance and capacity planning.
- Ability to obtain government clearance- Enhanced Reliability to Secret level
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.