Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Join our Global Technology Operations Team!
We are seeking an experienced Unix/Linux System Administrator to join our team in Montreal or Toronto. You will be a part of the technical advisory team to assist our client's technical infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Complete the troubleshooting and upgrading of the different platforms;
- Building servers and supporting (operational support) for internal project;
- Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementations;
- Script development for automating tasks;
- Perform system tuning activities where appropriate;
- Ensure all documentation for the systems (build books, network diagrams) is created & updated after changes;
- Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary;
- Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time;
- Provide on-call support as scheduled (when required);
- Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary;
- Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary;
- Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets;
- Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed;
- Reduce costs where expedient to do so without impacting service availability;
- Recommend efficiencies within the organization;
- Show leadership by training more junior members and being pro-active;
- Working proactively to make ensure that service delivery are in lined with the evolution of the client need and the evolution of his technical environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BS or BA in computer science or related IT experience;
- 5+ years of administration and support of Linux Red Hat (v6 / 7) in a large, networked computing environment;
- ITIL certification, an asset.
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Oracle VM and Microsoft Hyper-V is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in clustered Linux environment is mandatory.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal;
- Self-reliance, creativity and proactivity;
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment;
- Customer-service oriented;
- Ability to work in a high availability environment- provide 24/7 on-call support in rotation with other team members;
- Ability to obtain government clearance- Enhanced Reliability to Secret level
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.