CGI is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to perform cloud implementations for a large-scale Federal program. This role offers an organized, focused leader an opportunity to grow your skills in a complex, challenging environment with a high-performing team. You will have the opportunity to design broad solutions while also addressing the unique needs of multiple applications and interacting with a variety of customers and project teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for this position is able to perform technical tasks including able to perform technical tasks including application deployment, application configuration, server operating system management, cloud infrastructure and automation. The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Review and recommend improvements to existing cloud infrastructure
• Design and develop new cloud infrastructure as demand requires
• Maintain knowledge base of system designs and implementations
• Routinely work with application development teams to optimize DevOps processes
• Routinely work with security teams to implement improvements to security posture of the system
• Monitor system health and work with operations team members to respond to incidents as they occur
• Perform root cause analysis as incidents occur, plan and implement preventative measures
US citizenship required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
8 or more years of experience in the IT industry
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux server operating systems
Working knowledge of cloud environments (Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service)
Knowledge of basic networking principles (IP, TCP)
Knowledge of security best practices
Microsoft Azure Architecture experience
Experience with security compliance for regulated environments (FedRAMP, NIST 800-53 R4, NIST 800-53 R5) OR work with industry standard benchmarks such as CIS
Experience implementing cloud-native operations
Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success.
Confident communication skills with management, internal team members, and customers.
Ability to work independently within a dynamic team environment
Ability to quickly identify, research, and resolve issues as they arise.
The following qualifications or experience will strongly benefit a candidate but are not required:
• Practical experience with Infrastructure-as-Code systems
o PowerShell Core
o Desired State Configuration
• Working knowledge of Kubernetes
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies:
o Azure AD
o Azure Kubernetes Services
o Azure Monitor
o Azure KeyVault
o Azure Application Gateway
o Private Endpoints
o Azure Policy, Azure Security Center (now Microsoft Defender for Cloud)
o Microsoft Sentinel
• Azure Active Directory
• Team leadership, coordination with several functional and technical teams
The following certifications are relevant to this position and will strongly benefit a candidate but are not required:
• Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate
• Microsoft Security Operations Analyst Associate
• Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
• Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
• ITILv4 Fundamentals
• ITILv4 Managing Professional
• ITILv4 Specialist: Acquiring & Managing Cloud Services
Experience with government infrastructure management will strongly benefit a candidate.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 8 years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$135,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.