CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and experienced full-stack developer to serve as the Solution Architect and technical lead for a high-performing Agile team designing and building a modern, services-based web application for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack including Angular, Java, SpringBoot, PostgreSQL, and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity help shape an enterprise web application from the ground up which will be used by government agencies, states, and industry to comply with federal reporting requirements, and share and visualize data. Grow your web application architecture, development, and leadership skills as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to function as a technical lead for project and will demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in modern web application development, RESTful services, scalable cloud architecture, web application security, and Agile lifecycle. The candidate should have proven experience working with Angular and Java and be able to help demonstrate best-practices for code organization, component design, reusable services, and cloud-native architecture. This position requires complex problem-solving including the ability to design and build an application for optimal performance. The ideal candidate will also be interested in exposure and collaboration with other development teams within CGI to participate in architecture reviews, peer-solutioning, proposal support, knowledge sharing events, etc. Candidates should be excited about learning different development technologies, coding languages, and support tools and motivated to collaborate with other developers to continually broaden and enhance the group’s knowledge and stay current with evolving trends and best practices.
The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and code the ongoing architecture and development of an emerging Angular/Java/Spring application. The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best-practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams’ skills and understanding of robust Java application.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Architecting and designing new system features, and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Leading technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features
- Providing technical guidance to junior developers and business analysts on the team
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Defining and maintaining standard development practices for the team
- Integrating automated testing strategies into development practices.
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- General understand of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
- Participating in proof-of-concepts, hackathons, and cross-project solutioning.
- Continuous direct interaction with clients and end-users to understand software needs and talk through architectural and technical design choices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
At least 8 years’ experience in web application development.
At least 2 year experience developing enterprise Angular web applications.
Demonstrated experience with Java, Spring Boot, and PostgreSQL development.
Experience working with modern Java software development and build tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, Jenkins,
Strong understanding of REST service development.
Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers. Able to effectively collaborate with third parties to jointly contribute to the project’s success.
Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
An understanding of cloud-native architecture and cloud technologies, especially within Azure and AWS spaces.
Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
Ability to mentor and support junior team members while continuing to contribute and complete work
US citizenship is required for this position.
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
The following qualifications will strongly benefit a candidate:
- Demonstrated experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Knockout and Bootstrap
- Agile/Scrum certifications and training
- Experience using Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.
- Government Consulting experience
- Experience leading and/or managing similar software development teams
- Experience with serverless technologies
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$150,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.