This is an exciting Database Administrator opportunity, which requires an individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment supporting multiple projects simultaneously for the CGI Advantage Cloud, a Managed Service offering for CGI Advantage ERP customers.
The role is with the Transition Services organization, onboarding new clients and upgrading existing clients in the Advantage hybrid Cloud model. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to often new and complicated technical concepts and will work closely with other technical (e.g., application, infrastructure, CM) and functional teams to provide database support for CGI’s Advantage® ERP Advantage Cloud team.
Responsibilities include cutover script creation and support, client issue support, backup and recovery support, DDL/DML patch deployment, troubleshooting performance issues, and script/process creation in support of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. The candidate’s primary function will be to support the product engineering and client engagement teams supporting the Advantage suite or products. .
For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of assignments; a proven history of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams. This position has no travel requirements, and supports a remote working environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This organization operates a high-quality project centric delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all delivery. The program currently has 20+ large clients and is rapidly growing. The candidate will report to the Transition Services Operations team leader and be responsible for the following:
• Microsoft SQL server and Oracle 12c, Oracle 18c & Oracle 19c – architecture, design and troubleshooting in both Linux and Windows environments.
• Perform migration and cutover activities in support of upgrading a client from older versions of Oracle or SQL Server to new versions, as well as conversion of databases from Oracle to SQL Server.
• Write automation/scripts for backup solutions, DB statistics, tuning, and advise upon best practice standards that the team should leverage for the Advantage Cloud to gain efficiencies.
• Understand the complete architecture from Infrastructure, Database and Application level and contribute with your experiences in these areas.
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes quarterly participation in Maintenance Windows, and/or Disaster Recovery testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 year college degree in a technical field or 3+yrs of related experience.
• 5 years experience with Database Administration in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle 12c, 18c, or 19c.
• Experience with Oracle upgrades, cross-platform migrations, and capacity planning to provide strategic direction for database environments
• Experience with data migration including data export/import, ETL execution, and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle 11g/12c and SQL Server.
• Comfortable working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows Server virtualized environments.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of Oracle SQL and SQL Server database languages.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Oracle and SQL Server including operating system performance
• (Bonus) Experience with ERP Installations on JBOSS, WebSphere, or using Business Objects.
• (Bonus) Experience working in containerized ERP solutions
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem-solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
Database Administration - 5 years experience
Database Performance Tuning - 5 years experience
Database Configuration Management - 1-3 years experience
Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 1-3 years experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $95,000-$120,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Database Administration
- Oracle SQL Server
- SQL Server
- Performance Tuning
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.