The Financial Analyst (FA) carries out the financial administration for the assigned contracts. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of financial core tasks assigned. A principal core task responsibility of the FA is to ensure timely and accurate payment of landlords and the adequacy of funding for those payments. Role includes review and approval of monthly vouchers, submit approved vouchers and tenant data to TRACS within designated timeframes, monitor monthly vouchers to ensure timely payment and compliance with HUD requirements .Assist in the preparation of monthly invoices for administration fee payments, prepare performance data and reporting submission to HUD and monthly team reports. Process 1199s and ensure proper holds for contracts as needed. Monitor eLOCCS payments for accuracy and complete corresponding payment files. Complete work order requests as necessary. Candidate must have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Under the management of the Finance and Reporting Manager, the Financial Analyst carries out the role of Financial Analysts for the assigned jurisdiction(s). Responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate completion of financial core tasks assigned to the PBCA Finance Department. Core task responsibilities include but are not limited to: monthly invoice and reporting, timely and accurate payments to landlords, and report monitoring.
Performs the following task in a timely manner and as defined in the CGI Personnel Manual, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Regulations, Guidelines, Procedures, Handbooks, and Notices, Annual Contributions Contract (ACC), Memorandum of Agreement, Subcontract Agreement and Business Process Policy and Procedure Manuals:
- Ensures the financial performance and integrity of the contract administration functions.
- Possess advanced knowledge of and not limited to HUD Regulations, Handbooks, Notice, ACC Requirements and Statement of Work, CGI Policy and Procedures and Compliance Requirements.
- Prepares portions of the monthly invoices for administration fee payments for assigned PBCA jurisdictions.
- Serves as a point of contact in assigned jurisdictions for voucher processing, independent audits, annual compliance reviews and work orders.
- Works closely with other Financial Analysts, Operations, and Business Analysts, to ensure accuracy of payments and availability of documentation that supports the completion of core tasks. 1199 Processing.
- Be able to identify procedural and system-related risks and notify the appropriate CGI member and department.
- Maintain good relations and respond fully and promptly to owners and internal CGI personnel.
- Works with other Financial Analysts and Business Analyst to verify successful MAT transmissions and LOCCS responses.
- Monitors voucher reports and ensure notes are updated and relay information.
- Assist with vouchering workshops and present useful topics based on data/questions identified through voucher processing, work order requests and voucher denials.
- Participates and provides input on PBCA testing and systems migration teams.
- Works with PBCA members and Owner/Agents to resolve voucher discrepancies and transmission issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience: Three plus years accounting and management with demonstrated program/staff management experience
Personal: Professional, organized and able to communicate at all levels
Skills: Microsoft Excel; Information systems expertise; Accounting and record keeping; Professional skills
- Ability to coach, mentor, review and evaluate Operation staff and team members
- Ability to interpret, prepare materials, and present information in groups and one-on-one
- Ability to interpret and understand guidelines and regulations, with little or no prior knowledge information, in order to apply accurate policy, procedures and create material if necessary
- Housing Programs Expertise Desired
- HUD Occupancy Certification Desired
- Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) Expertise Desired
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in preparing reports, invoices and approvals of vouchers and 1199s
- Must work collaboratively with PBCA partners, HUD personnel, and CGI staff who perform contract administrative core tasks.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.