Are you a soon-to-be graduate with a passion for tech? As Canada’s largest IT consulting firm, CGI is looking for innovative and tech savvy individuals to join our New Grad Tech Academies.
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to support client journeys in high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, transformational outsourcing, and intellectual property.
We are looking for new grads with a strong background in technology architecture, cloud architecture (AWS, Azure or Google) with programming skills, a familiarity with the open source community and knowledge of Linux and Windows. New Grads who thrive in a highly technical customer facing role where the challenges are as diverse as they are abundant would excel in this position. You must be comfortable presenting to customers, transforming requirements into architecture and setting technology direction. If you have this unique combination of client, coding and IT skills then you may be our perfect candidate!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Other responsibilities include but aren't limited to
• Establish relationships with customer contacts, the architecture team and designer groups to analyze requirements and agree on outcomes;
• Translate requirements into architecture that can be implemented and supported by operations;
• Create technology plans and roadmaps tailored to customer requirements
• Perform cloud environment provisioning and advise on implementation strategy;
• Perform legacy environment support
• Production of architecture documentation necessary for detailed design and implementation;
• Perform periodic health checks on the environments
• Define and create new client service offerings
• Design and develop systems to automate infrastructure and platform services
• Adopt, implement and evangelize Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Assist with developing and defining processes and procedures
When you join CGI, you can expect to:
• Fast track your professional development to become a top consultant
• Access professional development workshops and e-learning
• Gain exposure to senior leaders through networking events and workshops
• Participate in social events with your peers
• Receive regular coaching and mentorship from leaders
• Salary evaluations based on performance every 6 months in the first 2 years
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A post-secondary student who is graduating this year or a recent grad who has graduated within the past 12 months; eligible programs: Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Team player who adapts well to changing needs
• Strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude for innovation
• Relevant work experience including co-ops and internships considered an asset
• Less than 18 months of relevant work experience, excluding co-op and internships
• Detail oriented with high standards for quality of work
• Ability to create complex business solutions incorporating both technical and financial aspects
• Knowledge of or experience in technology architecture or experience in a customer facing DevOps role working with public cloud
• Operations experience supporting customer environments
• Practical experience in governance and securing IT infrastructure with familiarity of one or more of the following: SOX, PCI, ITIL, CISSP;
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud Architectures using VMWare and one of the following: Azure, AWS or Google
• Knowledge of Agile, and core Dev Ops practices such as CI / CD
• Experience with or interest in working with Git, Docker and Jenkins
• Scripting in Python, Bash or PowerShell
• Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase);
• Strong interest in working with techniques and technologies required for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.