“Work from anywhere in Atlantic Canada”
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Position Summary: SQL Server developer
As an SQL Server developer, your responsibilities may include:
• Research and solve the data related issues within the SQL server environment.
• Collaborate with test personnel in order to test and validate that the programs are compliant with requirements.
• Perform data analysis and validate data quality.
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge and system knowledge in the successful resolution of production issues, workflow issues and infrastructure changes.
• Develop Technical specification documents.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Document and maintain operational procedures and processes.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years of IT experience with 3+ years working as a SQL developer in an Agile environment.
• Practical experience and deep knowledge of Microsoft products such as Azure, SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, MDS, DQS.
• Hands on experience with the SQL language and also in stored procedure development or other programmed objects preferably in SQL Server.
• Hands on experience with pther development languages such as Java, .Net or C++ is a definite asset.
• Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or Hive is an asset.
• Experience with NoSQL such as HBase, Postgres, Cassandra or MongoDB is an asset.
• Hands on experience in a traditional Data Warehouse/ETL is an asset.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in banking or insurance domains is highly preferred.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.