We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Sr Consultant (Oracle PL/SQL):
If you are experienced in Oracle PL/SQL platform and work in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to further your career. If you have a passion for analyzing data, building innovative solutions, understanding data quality, and learning the domain, this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our team. As a Senior Consultant you will be part of a Engineering team that focuses on building solutions supporting the common data needs of Financial Services business. You will have to develop a good understanding of the data, products, and applications. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, analyzing data, conducting impact assessments, and building scalable and innovative solutions.
• Assist or lead the gathering of requirements and acceptance criteria of new features and/or improvements for the product / platform.
• Collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality solutions for business problems
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/improvements to the platform
• Resolving business problems by understanding them through close partnership with analysts and innovative solutions.
• Evaluating business requirements and proposing solutions that align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies.
• Tackle business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
• Actively participating in knowledge exchange thru code and design reviews, exploring emerging technologies etc.
• Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
Experience and Skills
• 10+ years of experience in developing Oracle SQL and PL/SQL solutions
• Proven understanding of database design concepts – Transactional / Data mart / Data warehouse etc.
• Proven experience of Oracle PL/SQL development involving Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Hints and data migration scripts
• Knowledge and understanding of developing and debugging sophisticated PLSQL packages involving large data sets, Collections and advanced PLSQL communications with Oracle
• Good knowledge on DBLinks, Hints, Performance Tuning and handling Database Locks
• Proven experience working with UNIX shell scripts with intermediate debugging and development skills
• Experience working with version control tools GIT Stash, SourceTree, Release Management build tools (Jenkins, buildforge), collaboration tools
• Excellent data analysis and debugging skills with a focus on identifying data quality issues
• Proven experience with Informatica, data quality tools, scripting languages, utPLSQL, Autosys and Agile Development
• Exposure to one or more of Snowflake, Cloud Technologies, Python and Tableau will be a plus
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.