Do you like to broaden your horizon in an international environment and develop your career with a new perspective and exciting opportunity to play a part in bringing Galileo, Europe's new satellite navigation system, into operational use?
CGI Space Netherlands is looking for a Ground Segment Engineer to join our client locations in Czech Republic or France.
Scope of work
The aim of this work is to provide Engineering support to our client for European space programs in the design, development and exploitation phase.
Tasks and activities shall cover:
• review of System and Ground Segment Requirements and Design Documentation
• evaluate functional and physical architecture design choices
• evaluate requirements traceability and compliancy
• monitor and coordinate system qualification and certification related activities in support of the space program;
• elaborate and maintain requirements applicable to the service and system evolutions, and verifying their implementation within the system design;
• provide mission analyses and technical assessments related to procurements for infrastructure and services;
• perform interoperability activities, such as the elaboration of system design solutions and system impact analyses on the compatibility and inter-operability with other satellite navigation systems;
• prepare proposals for new and updated mission and service requirements;
• follow-up technical matters related to the on-going contracts for infrastructure developments, deployment, operations, maintenance and hosting services;
• understanding the needs of the clients;
Skills and competencies to be successful
• University Education or Master’s Degree in systems engineering, telecommunications, electronics aerospace or software engineering;
• 5 years of experience with tasks mentioned and complex system infrastructure and operations;
• Experience working in Navigation, Earth Observation or Satellite Communication Program;
• Experience in complex management;
• Experience with international standardization processes and institutions;
• Enjoying team working, especially in a multi-cultural environment;
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
• Good organizational and planning skills, with a strong ability to work under strict deadlines;
• In possession of or able to obtain security clearance at EU Secret level, implying EU Member States citizen;
• Ability to travel when needed to other locations.
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
Working for CGI will bring you an exciting and a challenging work floor with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close-community. We encourage you in your development and offer you plenty of room for this. Your growth is self-evident.
We offer you a permanent contract with excellent terms of employment, so you can be sure of a job right away. Working part-time? Whether you want to work at least 32 hours or 4 x 9 hours is also possible with us. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of their own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes. It's also important to us that you remain inspired, do the things that excite you and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a fun and close-knit team of professionals where we take joint responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story.
Are you ready to be part of our story?
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible. Questions about the position? Ask them to Jeroen Meulman, Director Consulting Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 88 56 47938.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact Chris Nikijuluw, corporate recruiter, via 06-204 511 05 or email@example.com
We do not cooperate with external parties.
Acquisition is therefore not appreciated.
Czego możesz od nas oczekiwać:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.