Descripción de la publicación:
CGI is seeking JAVA Software Developer to join our team! Candidates for this position will be responsible for managing all aspects of software development and application configuration management for the implementation, including designing, developing, and unit testing processes between within the core ERP system and various external systems.
In addition to strong analysis and development capabilities, the candidates must demonstrate the ability to independently write specifications and test plans, facilitate requirement gathering sessions, communicate risks to appropriate stakeholders, report status to team leads and management team.
This career opportunity is located in the Los Angeles metro area. Also, can be located at any other of our CGI US Western Region locations. Those located outside the proximity of the US Western Region, this role can be performed in a modified client-site/remote arrangement.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, support, and management of APIs and microservices.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, support, and management of web applications.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, support, and management of Database technologies.
• Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities including, but not limited to, requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture, API design standards, patterns and best-practices, API security standards and implementation, API governance.
• Familiarity with GitHub repository
• Expert knowledge of Java Development, Web Services, REST-based APIs, and microservices
• Familiarity with API security models including, but not limited to, Oauth, JSON Web Token, AppKey/Digest, Digital Certificates, Basic Authentication, and OpenID
• Familiar with CI/CD tools including, but not limited to, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, FluxCD, PaaS Container environments (K8S, K3S, Docker, Podman, NGINX, KONG) and the DevOps automation techniques
• Implementing and maintain bi-direction interfaces/integration processes between the core ERP system and external systems
• Independently manage the software delivery schedule pertaining to the configuration management and software development area
• Support project implementation and go-live activities
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
Skill set/Years of experience/Proficiency level
2 – 3 years
JAVA Object Oriented Programming
2 – 3 years
General database knowledge (Oracle, SQL Developer)
1 – 2 years
DESIRE QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
The qualified candidate will need
• Bachelor’s degree in Information System or equivalent
• ERP experience (SAP, CGI Advantage, or equivalent)
• One to two years of work experience in software development life cycle and project implementation
• Proficient with SQL, Python, Powershell, bat scripting
• Understanding of object-oriented programming concept, web-application architecture
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux/Window servers
• Ability to understand general business requirements, specifically financial management, human resource management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to conduct presentations with the clients
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
If ‘other’: Computer Science or Computer Information System
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65,000-$150,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Web Services
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.