CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, senior SW developer to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity to help build and modernize the system applications for cloud deployment. Grow your leadership and technical skills with in-demand technologies in a fast-paced environment as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
• As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will collaborate with the team in an Agile setting to research best practices, design the application architecture, implement solutions, mentor fellow team members, and test and deploy the solution
• The team will be cross functional with full stack developers, QA engineers, and Bas collaborating to deliver best in class solutions
• Work closely with users, stakeholders, business analysts and product managers to understand problem statement, functional and non-functional requirements
• Participate in daily Scrum ceremonies and conduct sprint demo for stakeholders
• Mentor/coach junior team members, establish standards, share best practices, and challenge status quo
• The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design/requirements gathering, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and testing the software.
• Proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated professional who can hit the ground running
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills with a passion to explore emerging technologies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to innovate and a can-do attitude
• Quick learner with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, manage tight deadlines, adapt to changing requirements and deal with ambiguity without impacting delivery
• Detail-oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management, follow-through, and project delivery skills
• Ability to build trusted relationships and partner across a complex organization
• Willingness to ask questions, challenge the status-quo and seek out answers and a pas
The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Minimum of 6+ years hands on experience with core Java & J2EE skills and well versed on design patterns and related frameworks
- •Experience in Spring-Boot and Microservices
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Paired Programming
- Developed applications using Design patterns
- Experience developing in Python and any familiarity with AI/ML/ NLP
- Experience in API development & application security best practices (Oauth, TLS, PKI etc.)
- Experience working with Apache Kafka messaging software and PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous process improvements by applying lessons learned from recent projects to future projects
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- Gaining a general understanding of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this role.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
Exposure to a modern Java software development environment and tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, Hibernate, etc.
Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or other similar technologies.
Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success.
Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers.
Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on development tasks and continuously deliver quality code for team review and product owner demonstration.
Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
The following qualifications will strongly benefit a candidate:
- Development - Java / JEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring - REST JAX-RS, Web Services, Security, Controllers/Service, Spring Data ORM (Hibernate/JPA 2), JSON
- AWS Cloud Native Tools – SQS, SNS, SES, Step, Lambda
- AWS Analytics – Glue, Redshift, EMR, Elasticsearch, Athena, Sagemaker, Quicksight
- Event Streaming - Kafka
- Web Server – Apache; Application Server – Jboss EAP
- Open Source Frameworks - various includes e.g. commons-*, ehcache, velocity, aopalliance, mail, swagger, etc.
- User authentication and authorization - ForgeRock’s OpenAM, SecureAuth and Okta.
- UI/UX – Angular, Bootstrap
- Databases – AWS RDS for Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Log Management – DataDog
- Alerts and Monitoring - Datadog, Google Analytics, New Relic
- CICD - Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium
- Load Testing – Jmeter
- Code Mgmt: Git, GitHub
- tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.)
- Consulting experience
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 10 years
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$180,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment,
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.