Do you love what you do? The best part of us, starts with you. CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI is seeking a senior level Confluent Kafka Software Developer (8+ years of experience) with strong Confluent Kafka and CI/CD experience to support a leading healthcare customer. Work is being conducted remotely during COVID safety measures with eventual return to onsite work once pandemic conditions have passed. The candidate will be part of a cross-functional agile scrum team. The candidate will research, design, develop, test, modify and document enterprise Confluent Kafka solutions. The candidate will evaluate business features to determine the best approach for meeting the requirements using Confluent Kafka. The candidate will be involved in backlog refinement, planning of sprints, sprint reviews/demos as well as be responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
The candidate will perform multi-disciplinary technical tasks that require object-oriented, web and system design skills and will work closely with the development, architect and QA teams to ensure that the Confluent Kafka solutions meet the business and non-functional requirements. The candidate must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products.
Vaše budúce úlohy a zodpovednosti:
As a Java/Kafka developer, you should have 6+ years of experience with a superior software development background and be able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for new and existing Confluent Kafka based applications and processes. You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. Construct technical solutions and supporting deliverables to enable our client to accomplish its business objectives, including the migration from coupled monoliths to a resilient, elastic, event-driven architecture.
• Primary responsibilities are focused on the Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of leading edge solutions utilizing Confluent Kafka:
• Confluent Kafka API lifecycle development and management
• Define & Deploy API Governance & Monitoring processes.
• Unit test solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
• Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
• Perform all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
• Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
• Expertise with enterprise technologies including applications, storage platforms, database, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center.
• Ability to use a broad portfolio of open-source technologies and cloud services
• Experience with automation/configuration management
• Extensive knowledge of Confluent Kafka components including troubleshooting
• In-depth understanding of Confluent Kafka performance testing (by Confluent Kafka component) and best practices; with the ability to properly tune complex and high-traffic applications/systems
• Maintain and enhance Confluent Kafka architecture, Confluent Kafka design principles, CI/CD Deployment procedures
• Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating architecture and design.
• Ensure unit, system, integration, stress, and user acceptance testing are in alignment with architecture.
• Build comprehensive DevOps into the delivery architecture including, but not limited to: automated testing, continuous integration, branching and merging code streams, build generation, and deployments.
• Recommend tools and utilities for the design, development, testing, and management of web-based applications.
• Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required or equivalent professional experience
• Confluent Kafka Developer Certifications (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Proficient understanding of Confluent Kafka Architecture (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Experience Confluent Kafka development (v6 is preferred but v5 is acceptable), Confluent Kaka administration (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Strong understanding and experience with security implementations (e.g. SSL/mutual SSL, Kerberos).
• 5+ years overall experience with developing technical business solutions, preferred.
• 3+ years experience with end-to-end design and development of services for Confluent Kafka preferably in Java (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Familiar with 3rd Party Confluent Kafka Connectors (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable)
• Experience with building streaming applications with Confluent Kafka (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable).
• Development experience using Confluent Kafka producers, consumers, and streams (Confluent Kafka preferred but Kafka acceptable).
• Collaborative skills to work with others to ensure high quality, reliability, availability, and performance of Confluent Kafka solutions.
• Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
• Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
• Clear written and verbal communications skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
Čo môžete od nás očakávať:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.