Descripción de la publicación:
Looking for a Database Architect to join our Cloud Modernization and Migration team to support our clients’ cloud requirements, cloud migration and deployment of new requirements to an agile DevSecOps environment for our customer. The successful candidate must be energetic, communicative, intelligent, enthusiastic, and motivated. In this role, the candidate works with technical and functional leads to provide advice and support to the customer on the development of data management plans for data migration. Assists with Database Management and facilitates subsequent Data Management activities. Ensures compliance with all Data Security mandates. Attends data conversion meetings, reviews products, ensures all data anomalies are addressed before migration to the new system and that reconciliation between systems, ledgers, etc. are completed. Supports the customer Data Management lead in the oversight and review of all data management plans and artifacts. Supports application documentation including technical design documentation, application workflow, and database design. Supports the customer Data Management lead in the oversight and review of all data management plans and artifacts. Candidate will work on a multi-faceted, fast paced, high priority project, requiring both hard and soft skills and focused dedication. If you are enthusiastic about working in a highly collaborative Open System Architecture environment, we want to hear from you.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Responsible for the architectural design, development, and database migration to Azure/AWS cloud environments
• Design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for applications
• Work with various client organizations, technical and functional leads to provide advice and support to the client on the development of data management plans for data migration
• Experience working in data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT, reporting/analytic tools, and one or more data processing software (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
• Experience building multi-tier high availability applications with Azure/AWS cloud environment
• Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining, or machine learning
• Experience architecting and developing data solutions in virtualized environments
• Effective written/verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ensure compliance with all Data Security mandates
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
• 3-5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience programming with at least one programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C++, or similar programming languages)
• Experience with various aspects of SQL Databases (SQL Server/Oracle)
• Experience in database migration from on-premises to cloud (AWS/Azure)
• Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to existing software regarding database performance, stability, usability, and scalability.
• Defines and implements database security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures.
• Designs and implements the data extraction, data load, and database synchronization routines and functions
• Monitors and optimizes database instance using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities
• Provides guidance and support for data encryption at rest and in transit
• Ability to obtain and maintain a NACI public trust clearance
• Federal contracting experience providing database architecture services
• Experience with SQL database optimization techniques
• Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to details
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.