CGI Federal provides application management support to the US ARMY Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary. CGI is seeking a qualified Applications and SharePoint Developer who will design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software and manage and maintain the SP environment; troubleshoot production problems related to software applications and SharePoint; research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements; design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software; address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms; consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements; perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management; assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools; resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements; acts as a team leader on projects; instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other application developers on the development team; participates in development of software user manuals.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Provide advance SharePoint development and operational support to internal clients
• Design and implement architecture using technologies such as SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, 2013 2016, Microsoft SharePoint Designer
• Participate in all aspects of the life-cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation and quality assurance to delivery and support of SharePoint engagements
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an Active DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• Security+ Certification required 60 days after hire.
• 3-7 years of experience in software/SharePoint development with formal training and/or certification in the required programming language.
• Experience in Agile, Rapid, and/or Waterfall software development methodologies
• Experience working with RDBMSs
• Software development in JQuery, BootStrap, Sharepoint Designer and JAVA. Other languages include ASP, ASP.Net, .Net, JAVA, ColdFusion, and/or SharePoint, SQL, PL/SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server, and or MS Access
• The most important thing you will need is a passion for learning new things and solving new problems, because that is what we do! As a consultant, you will also need strong written and verbal communications skills to work with your team and with our clients.
• Working knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and/or higher for the development of applications
• Willingness to learn .NET and other software development languages
• Microsoft SharePoint certifications
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.