Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our CGI-Victoria and Vancouver teams providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Full Stack Developer with at least 3 years' experience in large enterprise environments.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you'll have a combination of maintenance and development experience, and be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will also work with and learn from our experienced and hardworking developers and architects.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
• Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
• Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
• Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
• Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
• Work with clients to develop solution architectures to solve business problems.
• Migrate BC Registries digital services from legacy environments and mainframes to modern environments using techniques/tools such as DevOps, Kubernetes, container and microservices based architectures
• Write automated tests and help set up continuous integration & delivery pipelines. Design, develop, manage and integrate RESTful APIs
• 3 years of progressive experience as a Full-Stack Developer in an Agile environment (exposure to front-end and back-end frameworks) using modern languages and tools such as Python, Flask, Java, NodeJS, React, Vue.js, and/or Angular
• Exposure to Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, SQLServer, and/or MySQL
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
• Containers and container platforms such as OpenShift
• Application deployment automation using (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps)
• Experience with RESTful API development, management and integration
• Superb communication skills, both oral and written
• OAuth 2.0 exposure and OIDC authorization protocols
• Experience writing automated end to end UI tests with tools such as Selenium or TestCafé
• Ability to set up and configure supporting technology and infrastructure such as proxies, webservers, certificates, etc.
• Experience with reporting tools (MS Reports / Cognos / Crystal Reports)
• Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery is desirable
• Degree, diploma, or certification in computing science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Application Deployment
- Application Development
- Full Stack Development
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.