Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is seeking candidates for a Senior Level JAVA Full Stack Developer to join a team of experienced JAVA developers. The best candidate for this role will be able to apply your proficiency in JAVA and experience to help drive business transformation for our clients.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with an unlimited level of technical ambiguity in an effort to solve defined business problems. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a proven track record not only in delivering quality applications, but also in providing excellent customer service. Experience with various technologies is important, but of higher importance is the ability to research, select, and learn new patterns and technologies efficiently.
As a Senior Full-Stack Java Developer, you should have a superior software development background and be able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for existing Java applications and processes. You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives.
O čem tato pozice je:
• Execute and contribute in all phases of the full software lifecycle
• Senior full stack development across the back-end, client side, UI.
• Ability to research, learn, and implement new technologies efficiently.
• Ability to mentor others, work as a team, and delegate.
• Proactively architecting & designing innovative solutions and make recommendations.
• Will be advising team with new ideas, best practices and strategy on Front End /Backend Development for given applications.
• Agile experience is a plus.
• Understand technical specs, translate functional designs into technical designs
• Write well designed, testable, and efficient code
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Support release and deployment
• Manage personal deadlines while supporting team sprint planning and deliveries
• Proactively help identify project risks and help mitigate problems
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems that deliver high-availability and performance
• Test code changes and resolve differences between expected and actual results
• Assist with troubleshooting technical problems and issues
Co od Tebe očekáváme:
• Development languages – Java; experience in developing enterprise applications.
• Database and cache - knowledge of various DBMS technology. MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer are widely used for this purpose. Knowledge of caching mechanisms like varnish, Memcached, Redis is a plus.
• Basic design ability - knowledge of designing; know the principle of basic prototype design and UI /UX design.
• Server - Exposure to handling Apache or nginx servers is desirable. A good background in Linux helps tremendously in administering servers.
• Version control system (VCS) – knowledge of Git.
• Working with API (REST & SOAP) - Knowledge of web services or API. Knowledge of creations and consumption of REST and SOAP services is desirable.
• Ability to write quality unit tests.
• Should have a complete understanding of automated processes for building testing, document, and deploying it at scale.
• An awareness of security concerns is important, as each layer has its own vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of Algorithms and data structures is also an essential need for professional full stack developers.
• Ability to think independently, work and communicate with others at all levels, and make progress efficiently.
• Working knowledge in DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy and Git.
• An inherent ability to solve problems and provide solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skill Set Years of Experience
Java 9+ years
Angular 5+ years
Spring Boot 5+ years
SQL 2+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Agile experience
• Knowledge of Spring and Maven frameworks, HTML, CSS
• Test Driven Development
• UI Testing Frameworks
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
Od můžeš očekávat Ty od nás:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.