Möt våra medlemmar
CGI Insights you can act on
Beskrivning av tjänsten:
CGI Federal is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review.
• Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
• Input case information in database management system
• Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support Staff
• Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security, Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
• Answers and transfers telephone calls
• Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
• Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing notices, process motions and legal correspondence
• Creates written documents and prepares correspondence
• Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and other written material. Including but not limited to:
o Sorting and distribution of all Filings received by court
o Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
o Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
o Motions and Applications data entry
o Processing/Distribution of daily filings made at the Reception Window
o Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
o Log in “Utilities” E33s of cases not yet received
o General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges’ mailbox
o COVs intake and Distribution
o Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
• Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents to parties, print out judge’s orders, update CASE management system, etc.
• Covers front window lobby area (receives and directs visitors at the reception window, receives and advises public in the courtrooms)
• File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the Federal Records Center
• Prepare ROPs for attorney review
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting WILL be required (MUST be able to lift approx.. 30 lbs)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
Vad du kan förvänta dig av oss:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.