Ready to join an outstanding culture that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and enables the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Join a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw from global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI Calgary is looking for an accomplished, client facing Senior Project Manager to lead all elements of multiple projects simultaneously, from initiation through to post-implementation.
If you have successfully handled more than three projects with complexity defined by the following metrics, you may be our candidate!
- Budget: $1M - $3M
- Duration: 6 - 24 months
- Team Size: 5-15 team members
- Multiple stakeholders in sophisticated environments
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Lead large-scale projects with significant budget and team size
- Collaborate, build consensus, and drive multiple projects to completion
- Lead teams through problem determination and issue resolution
- Lead and mentor delivery consultants in delivering results based on established timelines
- Communicate and reinforce project methodologies and standards
- Build and manage relationships with senior client executives
- Report delivery status to client executives, CGI executives and client account managers
- Build and maintain coordinated resource plans, project plans, work breakdown structures, cost estimates, budgets, and timelines
- Proactively anticipate risks and issues and develop mitigation strategies
- Supervise and control development and implementation activities ensuring that all aspects of testing are covered to ensure on time and on budget project delivery
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of successful project delivery experience with financial accountability
- Project delivery expertise of modern web-based on premise and cloud applications using Agile and waterfall SDLC models
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills
- Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, and architecture
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence or equivalent tools
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead local and virtual resources
- Exposure to the utilities industry and / or engineering sectors
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- Business, Science or Technology University or equivalent professional experience
- Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent)
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Financial Accounting
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Project Management
- Waterfall Model
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.