Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, superb communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer having a high degree of competence in developing easy -to-use, customer focused APIs and capabilities which power web and mobile online platforms. You will help us craft and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience. Also, you will be involved in developing responsive user interfaces to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Twoje przyszłe obowiązki :
• Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
• Design, Develop and test highly scalable Web and API services that power both web and mobile platforms
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Participate in CI/CD activities
• Understand the leadership vision and complete that vision
• Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by setting examples
• Find creative ways to get things done, automate and do them right
• Cultivate a culture of best in class software engineering practices
• Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
• Ensure the high level of integrity in the team
• Take ownership and accountability for determining what needs to be done
Wymagane kwalifikacje, aby odnieść sukces w tej roli:
• 6-9 years of proven software development experience developing enterprise solutions
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing Web services and API solutions using various Java based frameworks
• Minimum 2+ years shown development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS, VueJS, Typescript.
• Experience in Domain Driven design and developing Microservice
• Experience in designing and developing services - API, including versioning, isolation
• Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
• Experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
• Proficient in Design patterns and their applicability
• Understanding of 12-factor design principles and practical experience of remediating existing apps or building new apps to comply to those principles
• Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
• Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
• Experience in developing enterprise cloud-based solutions using Amazon Cloud Computing Services, serverless microservices is a plus
• Experience in deploying container managed services using docker, Kubernetes is a plus
• Understanding of Job Schedulers like Control-m and Cron is a plus
• Superb communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA
Czego możesz od nas oczekiwać:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.