Descrição da Função:
The best version of us starts with you! The best version of you starts here!
Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is looking for multiple early career and inspiring Data Engineers to join our Belton, Texas team.
The best candidate for this role will be able to apply their proficiency in data engineering to help drive business transformation for our clients. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic data engineer with a desire to deliver quality data analysis while providing excellent customer service.
Our consultants are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process, and transform data as well as building and deploying machine learning models. In this role you will be working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients’ needs. This role is ideal for someone who quickly wants to develop expertise in various industries, technologies, and in business consulting. Our team works hard to provide creative solutions to those who need it, but we also have fun exploring opportunities and stretching our capabilities.
Based on each candidates’ current level of expertise, after hiring, CGI will invest in your personal training using project-based learning within our US Onshore Delivery Center Academy in order grow your skills in:
• Azure: Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, etc.
• AWS: Lamda, Glue, etc.
• Cloud Data Warehouse: Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse
• Cloud Business Intelligence: PowerBI and Quicksite
This role must be located in Belton, TX.
Os teus futuros deveres e responsabilidades:
• Engage in meetings with client stakeholders to drive out requirements
• Become familiar with full stack end to end analytics technologies and tools such as
Databricks, Azure, GCP, AWS, and Snowflake
• Analyze technology ecosystems and provide recommendations for data solutions
• Analyze business problems and help create impactful analytics or machine learning solutions
• Use data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data
• Write clear, concise, well-documented code
• Translate business objectives into quantitative metrics
• Collaborate with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders across projects and work
Qualificações requeridas para ser bem sucedido neste role:
• Passion for continuously learning new technologies and developing own knowledge and expertise
• Data-driven approach towards solving complex problems
• Team player who helps others
• Ability to explain technical problems or concepts to non-technical users
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Understand emerging technologies and the role they play in transforming businesses for the digital era
• Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, relational database design, ETL/ELT tools, data architecture, cloud platforms, and building data pipelines
• Ability to write custom code to create, train, and deploy machine learning models or advanced analytics (or support data scientists working through these activities)
• Practice with presenting analytic findings through visualizations and storytelling
• Experience with SQL, Python, R, and/or other scripting and coding languages
Skill Set - Years of Experience - Proficiency Level
SQL- 1-2 - Intermediate
Programming (ex. Python) - 1-2 - Intermediate
ETL Tools (ex. ADF, Lambda) - 1-2 - Intermediate
Machine Learning - 1-2 - Familiarity with concepts
Big Data and Cloud Technologies (Azure, Snowflake, Delta Lake)
Skill Set - Years of Experience - Proficiency Level
Hadoop (ex. Spark, Hive) - 1-2 -Familiarity with concepts
API Design and Ingestion - 1-2 - Familiarity with concepts
Cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS) - 1-2 - Exposure
Data visualization (ex. PowerBI) - 1-2 - Exposure
Data Modeling - 1-2 - Exposure
O que pode esperar de nós:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.