Conhece os nossos profissionais
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Descrição da Função:
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. CGI are looking for an experienced UI developer with experience of working within the financial services sector to join their busy team.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and we are certified as a Great Place to Work. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Os teus futuros deveres e responsabilidades:
• The ideal candidate will be contributing to UI designs and engineering best practices as well as writing solution code.
• Assisting with UI-based test automation activities
• You be contributing to our catalogue of common assets such as code templates, libraries, utilities and services
• Developing automated build and deployment processes to enable teams agility.
• Contributing to UI development standards for the team.
• Understanding, and where necessary challenging requirements, to ensure the correct solution is designed and implemented.
• Being actively involved in all planning sessions
• Managing their own time and helping the team meet their sprint goals.
• Carrying out code reviews via pull requests and helping to ensure the quality of the code base.
• Ensuring their code meets team standards
• Translation UX and UI designs into working code
• Support DevOps capabilities of the team
Qualificações requeridas para ser bem sucedido neste role:
• Excellent understanding of web development frameworks and related libraries, with Angular
• Ideally you will have worked within the financial services sector, but other sectors will also be considered
• You will have implemented UI Automation testing solutions to support continuous delivery
• You will have experience in Docker/OpenShift and are comfortable in building Cloud ready services
• Highly proficient in web mark-up, including HTML5 and CSS3 of course
• You will have translated many ambitious UI/UX designs to actual working code
• You have used many ways to improve time-to-glass, such as packing, profiling, etc.
• Excellent understanding of web application frameworks and related libraries, such as node.js, Spring Boot, etc.
• You have developed multiple REST APIs (to RMM Level 3) and may have experimented with GraphQL
• You have used an API Gateway to manage your services, but limit their scope to the essentials
• You always serve your clients with the most appropriate, OpenAPI-documented status codes
• Some experience in configuring web servers, such as Apache HTTP, NGINX, IIS, etc.
• Good understanding of asynchronous programming patterns, such as promises, callbacks, closures, async/await, etc.
• Familiar with reactive programming patterns and frameworks.
• You know what makes a great toolchain and have upgraded over time, such as NPM, Yarn, Gulp, Webpack, etc.
• You don’t treat security as an after-thought, having an understanding of OAuth 2 grants and scopes, strategies for the latest OWASP Top 10, etc.
• Great understanding of many types of database systems, spanning SQL, Nosql, Object Storage, etc.
• You have very high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
• You are proficient in git, of course
• You have made a contribution, no matter how small, to open source software
• You may have stood-up an app, commercial or personal, on a cloud platform, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
• You are very competent with your OS command line - Linux and/or Microsoft Windows
• You apply a range of logical techniques to problem-solving, such as the use of concrete examples, case analysis, brute-force, iterative refinement and reduction
- UI Funct. Design & Proto./CU
- UX design
O que pode esperar de nós:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.