CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI seeks an experienced IT Project Manager to join their team in Montréal. The ideal candidate brings experience managing small to large scale application management and development projects in a complex environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans;
- Developing and maintaining integrated project plans, work breakdown structures and timelines
- Developing and maintaining cost estimates, resource plans and any other documentation required to control the project budget and statements of work
- Leading the team through problem determination and issue resolution
- Communicating and reinforcing project methodologies and standards developing all project artifacts as required
- Manage other senior delivery consultants and their deliverables based on established timelines
- Monitoring all development and implementation activities ensuring that all phases/aspects of testing are covered based on the project to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget
- Ensuring that appropriate change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied
- Proactively anticipating issues and/or organizational challenges and developing mitigating strategies
- Reporting accurate project and profitability financials
- Holding regular status meeting with team and clients and providing regular status reporting
- Play a lead role in business development
- Ensure that projects align with CGI's ISO 9001 quality guidelines
- Managing client, vendor and technology relationships as required and making recommendations to senior management as the opportunities arise
- Develop, build and foster strong productive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years Project delivery experience in the role of Project Manager or Engagement Manager with financial accountability, successful delivery of more than one IT-related project
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills
- Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, and application management
- Demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus, and driving multiple projects to completion
- TELCO experience an asset
- Nice to have: Project and/or Program Management Certification (PMP)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.