Nehmen Sie mit uns Kontakt auf
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI is one of the largest global IT companies, spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,500 members. We are implementing large scale system modernization efforts across software products involving migration to modern architecture and containerized environments powered using innovative devSecOps automations and processes.
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced container and kubernetes engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will have the unique opportunity to work with talented architecture and engineering teams to deliver high quality software products that are market leaders in the Federal Government. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• As one of the lead engineers, you will apply proven expertise in architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster environment that provides end to end capabilities such as provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning and security compliance.
• The environment consists of open source and third party platform components and you will bring your experience to integrate components of the cluster and support the environments both internal and external. Customer environments have to meet Federal Government Information security requirements.
• As a senior engineer/architect, you will also guide the team in defining and prioritizing technical requirements for production cluster environment and recommend development/release roadmap for those.
• As a senior engineer, you will be working alongside software architecture and development teams currently performing modernization of software products into cloud native architecture.
• Candidate is expected to design and develop CI-CD build and deploy pipelines and orchestration solutions that automate delivery of our software to non prod and prod environment using industry best practices. These include scripts development, artifact management, tool integration, code analysis and scanning, test automation, versioning and release packaging across software products built on heterogeneous architectures and frameworks
• Candidate should understand and comply with the SDLC based on SAFe/Agile principles and process
• Candidate is expected to support devOps needs for multiple agile teams build and deployment process.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and should be self-motivated to identify solutions that are built with re-use in mind and follow architectural best practices.
• As a subject matter expert, you are expected to support teams that manage our software deployments at Government agencies that are on premise as well as multi cloud.
• Help identify, track, and resolve risks and dependencies across multiple teams
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field.
• At least 3-5 years experience in implementing and managing production kubernetes environments and containerized (docker) application deployments.
• Strong technical background and experience (Preferred: 5 years)
o Linux environments such as RHEL on VMware and cloud infrastructure
o Architecting CI-CD pipelines for on-prem and multi cloud environments
o CI-CD toolchain and scripting languages (Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, docker, YAML, HELM)
• Exposure to monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana and log aggregation systems.
• Experience in software development
• Exposure to middleware technologies (App servers, message brokers and proxies)
• Experience in Java and Go programming languages
• Experience with open-source technologies and tools.
• Understanding of Federal Government security standards pertaining to containerized application environments such as NIST, FISMA
• Excellent understanding of agile and lean principles
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different workstreams
• Kubernetes certification(s)
• Cloud certifications
• Infrastructure automation and networking
• Experience in supporting ATO and technical audit
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience working with remote teams
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.