Nehmen Sie mit uns Kontakt auf
CGI USA - Best version of me
CGI is one of the largest global IT companies, spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,500 members. We are implementing large scale system modernization efforts across software products involving migration to modern architecture and containerized environments powered using innovative DevSecOps automations and processes.
CGI Federal is looking for a Software Architecture experienced in microservices and service oriented architecture for Product architecture group who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will have the unique opportunity to work with talented architecture and engineering teams to deliver high quality software products such as Momentum ERP, Sunflower that are market leaders in the Federal Government solutions space. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This person will work with the Product Managers, the development teams, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to define solution roadmaps, develop solution designs, scope technical initiatives and epics, evaluate new technologies, and develop architecture frameworks and complex product features in support of program priorities. The architect will also work with account teams and customers to support business development activities, participate in industry/government sessions and working groups as well as support implementations. The ideal candidate will have experience in Software architecture and development of enterprise solutions leveraging industry leading platforms and technologies.
This job allows for a remote worker!
A full time member of the Product Architecture Group, the Software Architect uses his/her deep knowledge of emerging technologies, development strategies, and development best practices to support delivery of the product roadmap. This includes opportunities to advance the baseline software and help drive overall technical architecture for large or complex initiatives such as modernization, evaluating technologies and/or alternate approaches, working with Product Managers to estimate and design new enhancements, and supporting program-level trade-offs on priorities.
The Software Architect role requires an individual capable of designing and developing architecture framework capabilities to ensure a solid technical runway that supports delivery of product features efficiently. This person has strong collaborative skills to work closely with other architects in the group and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure the product is of the highest quality. This person will move fluidly between the legacy and next generation applications, providing technical expertise to all teams and products in a Scale Agile Framework environment (SAFe).
The Software Architect will:
• Serve as a subject matter expert for one or more areas of the architecture: System, Application, Technology Security, Information/Data and Dev/Ops
• Identify and evaluate current systems for opportunities to improve architecture roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology and seek to further modernization objectives.
• Develop solution design and architecture for new enhancements, systems, and technologies. Scope technical epics for an assigned initiative.
• Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions. Evaluate and enhance existing frameworks and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for feature development
• Provide guidance and support to assigned development teams from PI planning through execution in scoping, design and implementation of functional epics/features ensuring that overall solution vision is on track, right technical trade-offs are made and issues are identified and resolved timely.
• Define architecture design patterns and development best practices and drive adoption across different initiatives within the Product Development team.
• Continuously identify and escalate any risks to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain visibility on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Participate in quality validation exercises, including subsystem assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on product quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to
• learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
• provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
• promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand technical requirements, make recommendations on overall solution and provide support for software implementations at customer site
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Support estimation for new product features, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Mangers, product SMEs, UX and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of experience in designing and developing enterprise applications
• 7 or more years of experience as a Software Architect, Solution Architect, Principle/Senior Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role
• Experience in design and development of highly scalable, distributed & secure solutions that run on premise or in cloud environments
• Practical experience in test driven development, designing and building Microservices & REST API's. Experience with message based or event driven architecture frameworks preferred.
• Experience developing and documenting architecture framework capabilities for use by development teams
• Strong technical background and 10+ years’ experience in Java
Hands on experience in
• Linux environments such as RHEL
• Cloud native tools, patterns and open source software
• Java based frameworks and technologies such as JBoss, Spring Boot, Spring Data/JPA and Spring cloud.
• JS frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
• Containerization and related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD automations and tools
• Domain driven design and service oriented architecture
• RDBMS and data modeling
• Proficiency in Federal security and accessibility standards and functionality like PIV/CAC integration, Identity Management, Encryption, Section 508
• Ability to translate functional designs into technical solutions. Experience implementing software enhancements that introduced new architecture modules, and/or triggered major re-engineering
• Experience working in SAFe/Agile development environment.
• Extensive experience doing design and code reviews and providing guidance to development teams.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals. Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• Experience in C++
• Experience in full stack development
• Experience in NoSQL databases or search engines like Solr
• Experience in enterprise integration frameworks and technologies such as ESB
• Experience in business process automation technologies such as BPMN
• Experience in Software delivery and customer implementations
• Experience in supporting ATO and technical audit
• Experience working with remote teams
Est. Salary/Hourly Range (Colorado Only): $120,000 - 200,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
- Full Stack Development
- Software Architecture
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.