Senior Application support Engineer.
The role is to support the Production Support team.
Looking for members having expert knowledge in Linux (Shell Scripting), PL/SQL with exposure to Investment banking domain and ITIL knowledge. Also, need to have the Oracle database knowledge.
• Perform in-depth technical analysis and resolution on complex application issues
• Provide SQL support; ability to write Shell Scripts, SQL queries for backend testing and managing databases
• Act as an internal and external technical escalation point on active client tickets
• Provide support and assistance to the technical support staff
• Assess and design product-specific solutions and assist with implementation and onboarding of new clients, as needed
• Model a Client-First approach in support of Knowledge-Centered Service Methodologies
• Promote best practices in the application of structured problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate proficiency in communication and active listening skills
• Accept ownership of client incident management and resolution cycle
• Create solution articles and technical content for knowledge-based system
• Demonstrate keen ability to manage time and balance workload assignments
• Strong technical background and knowledge of Investment Banking
• Excellent oral, written and technical communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to discuss technical subjects on a varied range of levels
• Ability to learn and use new software, hardware, and technology
• Excellent time management skills to manage individual tasks assigned (tickets, emails, issues, etc.) as well as support team assignments
• 5+ years in enterprise information technology
• 4-year technical education, degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
• 3 - 4 years of experience in a related technical support position, software development role or equivalent industry experience
SQL/PLSQL, Shell Scripting and Oracle database, ITSM tools like Remedy or ServiceNow.
Mandatory Skills: PL/SQL, Shell Scripting with Banking Domain.
Desired Skills: DevOps and Investment Banking.
- Shell Script
- SQL Server
- SQL/PL SQL
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.