Descripción de la publicación:
***Open to remote work anywhere in Atlantic Canada***
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for Java Developers with a variety of skills to join our Financial Services team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work on a variety of projects and requests related to the Java applications.
• Design, develop, test, deploy and troubleshoot Rest end points.
• Review technical deliverables of other team members for quality throughout the detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
• Help to lead the discussion on code structure, code walkthroughs and root cause analysis of incidents and problems.
• Help to maintain overall code quality and code management through the development life cycle using the existing code management tools.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the software development lifecycle (SDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind
• Work with team members to prioritize and manage their workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role include a mix of the skills below:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years experience in application development using Java/J2EE. Certification is an asset.
• Demonstrable hands on experience with REST services.
• Hands on experience with Spring framework with an understanding of Spring Core with Annotation, Spring Boot and Spring Rest docs.
• Good Understanding of Spring Security & Authorization.
• Experience with build tools Gradle/Maven & Git version control.
• Experience with JBOSS application server.
• Good understating of data serialization and JSON.
• Experience with logging frameworks SLF4J & Logback.
• Experience in writing unit test cases with Junit 4.
• Knowledge of Feign api client is an asset.
• Experience with server side caching technologies like EhCache is an asset.
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Proven ability to mentor team members and provide coaching as required.
• Knowledge of Cloud is an asset, Azure preferred.
• Experience in Canadian banking/finance industry is highly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.