CGI is seeking a brilliant, creative, fun, and passionate Snowflake Technical Architect, who is naturally curious. Our Architects work with cross-functional teams, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process and transform data, As part of our Emerging Technology Practice, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients' needs.
Twoje przyszłe obowiązki :
• Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of traditional and cloud data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
• Design highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring
• Performs independent technical analysis, debugging and troubleshooting – collaborates closely with the development team
• Performs code and unit testing for complex modules and owns the end-to-end solution deployment process
• Participates in the development, improvement, and maintenance of solutions both as an individual contributor and as a team member
• Performs functional analysis for major projects supporting several organization wide initiatives – supports BAs/PMs
• Work with clients to understand and execute on their solution requirements
Wymagane kwalifikacje, aby odnieść sukces w tej roli:
• 2-3 years work experience in a similar role and 8+ year’s experience in the data space
• Willingness to travel to client location or CGI office (if required) – remote work is acceptable
• Team player who mentors and upskills junior resources and has a team building mindset
• Ability to explain technical problems or concepts to non-technical users
• Ability to present to senior audiences at the right level of technical detail
• Experience with Snowflake AAD/SSO configuration, row-level security, custom roles/hierarchies, RBAC permissions, data masking
• Experience with Snowflake virtual data warehouses, resource monitors, tasks, pipes, streams, external/internal stages, data sharing
• Exposure to new Snowflake capabilities such as Snowpark, Marketplace, Data Apps, etc.
• Understanding or exposure to modern data engineering add-ons, such as dbt Labs
• Expertise in data warehousing projects: Traditional Data Warehousing & Cloud Data Warehousing
• Solid programming and architecture skills in database and ETL/ELT design, engineering, and deployment
• Mastery of SQL, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, and Amazon Redshift
• Experience on AWS or Azure with data architecture, design, security, analytics and deployment
• Knowledge of database optimization and performance tuning techniques on-prem and in the cloud
• Development experience with Python and Spark libraries and frameworks
• Working knowledge of software development best practices and design principles
• Experience with GIT, CI/CD pipelines, and SDLC in an Agile environment
- Continuous Integration
- Google Cloud Platform
Czego możesz od nas oczekiwać:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.