We are currently looking for an Application Architect with Azure experience to start a large-scale mandate for CGI with our client in Montreal.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Define and implement the architectural framework for the solution with Microsoft Azure;
- Document, adjust and maintain this framework according to the needs of the overall architecture;
- Design, document and develop user-friendly and scalable technology solutions according to the business architecture and customer development framework;
- Align the solution architecture with the client's business architecture;
- Actively collaborate with project teams and IT delivery coordinators to estimate development efforts;
- Ensure seamless integration of the solution (processing, data and technology);
- Work closely with other architecture consultants;
- Collaborate in the preparation of the testing strategy;
- Recommend improvements to ensure the evolution of the information system as needed;
- Write non-functional and technical specifications;
- Ensure that standards and best practices are documented and applied by the implementation teams;
- Act as a development tools specialist;
- Guide and support the development team;
- Carry out the transfer of knowledge to the designated client resources in an appropriate and serious manner and in compliance with the principles and requirements of the transfer plan in place;
- Ensure that the deadlines for the mandates under his/her responsibility are met;
- Participate in meetings to follow up on the completion of mandates and report on the level of progress, possible solutions and/or problems that could compromise the deadlines or the completion of mandates;
- Carry out any other activity or study at the client's request.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent;
- 10 years of experience in IT including 8 years as an application architect;
- Experience in a .Net and Azure environment;
- Excellent command of the French language, spoken and written. Fluency in English is a strong asset.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.